• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Gerbils?

Croghans Reptiles

Croghan's Reptiles
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
111
Reaction score
8
Points
18
Location
Keeseville NY
So I noticed recently that neither PetSmart nor Petco sell gerbils anymore. Does anyone know why? Is the general interest in them really that low? Are there too few breeders? :shrug01:
 
They have them locally where I live at Petsmart. You can go to website and select a store location that has them in stock. Select check availability then you can say within 20 miles and up to 75 miles away.
 
I've done that in my area and nowhere in Albany has them, as far as I can tell nowhere in NY has them aside from the few breeders on the AGS website
 
I haven't been there recently; but check Benson's...if you don't see them, ASK. (They used to keep a relatively small number of rodents in the display area, but had more "in the back"). Even if they don't have them, they'd probably be willing to order some for you (unless this have changed there...and if there's a reason that they can't/won't, they'll likely be upfront about why).
 
They may not have them in stock because people aren't asking for them. If I want an animal or reptile from Petco that they don't have, I request it and they order it for me. I haven't done this recently because I do more rescuing now, but they always tell me, "we can order that for you too".
 
Back
Top