Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.
Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
Sponsors - Eliminated
Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days
Responding to email notices you receive.
**************************************************
In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.
Helen,
Last I spoke with Warren Booth, He had said the official results were fully partho. He had mentioned that he was working on a write up / article about the subject at some point and let me know when he had finished it ect. The past few times I have contacted him he had still not gotten to far into the process.. so as for that, Im not sure.
As for the mother, she passed away last year unfortunately. Though since she was special, and this situation will always be on one of my top moments with working with reptiles, we had her mounted and preserved, and she now rests in a display case at our facility for all visitors to see and learn about.
I'm sorry to hear the mother is no more - but the fully partho verdict is fascinating, and I think I would have preserved her too - it was certainly a unique event.
As stated the results support facultative parthenogenesis. We are going to be including this data in a paper that also includes information on other species, including some natracines, crotalines, boids, and pythonids. A few other papers take presidence first however. But this will be suited for review soon.
Sorry to hear she passed, that is a lovely taxidermy (sorry not sure if the correct term). Thank you so much for sharing all of this info with us as it has progressed.
WOW, thank you so much to GHC Exotics for taking the time to share your story (and I'm very sorry for the loss of the mother and babies). Also, thank you to Dr. Warren Booth for taking the time and effort to study the case and do all the testing. This story is absolutely fascinating and I can't wait to read Dr. Booth's article.
The mother looks beautiful preserved and I think that was a great decision. Now her memory can live on with future generations. Who knows how many children (and adults) will also be fascinated by her story? We need more people concerned about the environment, native species, and biological sciences.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.