• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Good snake bedding.

The substrate needed will depend on the type of enclosure and the critter's humidity requirements.
 
I'm looking bedding for a wide range of environments. But if you won't something specific I own two speckled king's right now.
 
For Speckled Kings, and most enclosures, I would use either aspen or white (without print) paper towels. This works well for most colubrids (those that do not require high humidity).
 
Actually, with rare exceptions, I keep my high humidity snakes in tubs and use unprinted paper towels. They get misted every day (with special attention on enclosure's warm side/end).
I know there will be other substrate recommendations, for high humidity critters, but I have never had a problem with what I use/do.

To help, with higher humidity needs, a wet hide can be placed in their enclosure along with the daily misting. An extra water bowl, placed on warm side, can help as well.

BTW Tanks are poor enclosures, for high humidity snakes, but, if one is used, at least half (if not 3/4) of the lid should be covered in plastic wrap (or can use something else that does not allow humidity to escape very fast).
 
Back
Top