• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Harmless candy

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I ordered some candy from See's including some peanut brittle in Halloween packaging for my grand baby. It arrived today in a foam lined box with ice packs, just like reptiles are packed. :)
 
So did you anticipate seeing- even if it was only for a split second- a deli cup full of moss?
 
I tried to keep an open mind, I LOVE chocolate and the g'baby is going to love her peanut brittle, but I was startled when I opened the box and saw the foam lining and ice packs.
The packing makes sense, no one wants to buy candy (and if you ever get an opportunity to try See's, you should)and receive a gloppy melted mess.
Of course, IRL Fauna members are everywhere and work in all walks of life, someone could have sent me a little gecko or something as a surprise if they were a member here and worked at See's. G'baby at 2 1/2 is still too young to have a pet gecko though.
 
Back
Top