• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Heat

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
My area of Texas had a new record yesterday at 111 degrees. I only went outside a couple times for a few minutes at a time so that Duchess my chihuahua could do her business. Fortunately I have stationary bicycles for exercise indoors.
My electric company has a nifty info forecast based on recent usage it will forecast your monthly electric bill. Mine will be at least double the usual. But I am grateful to have AC, as I don't think I could manage this current heat wave without it.
 
You can keep it. It's been cool enough here that I had my windows open last night.
 
I upgraded my bike lighting so that I can take rides around dusk when it is a bit cooler. I don't suppose 111 drops down too low at night, though. And dusk isn't the safest time of the day to ride.

I presume AC is pretty much standard where you live, Lucille?
 
AC is a basic necessity here. Maybe some people in rural areas who can sleep out on the porch or who can leave their windows open might not have it, and perhaps those in dire poverty are unable to afford it, but everyone else does.
 
I don't think I would want to live here in north Florida without AC. The heat and humidity can be quite a burden three quarters of the year. This time of year, just walking down to the mail box and back will have me really appreciating the AC when I walk back into the house.
 
I have to have my air-conditioning. My wife mentioned the other day the electric bill will be high next cycle. I said, worth every penny.
 
Back
Top