• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Heat!!!!

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
Just sounding off about the recent heat wave here in Texas. It is horrible. I do my one 'long' walk with my labrador retriever, Clementine, early so that her paws don't get burned by walking on the hot pavement. I could complain about the high electric bills, but us folks in Texas worry about something even worse: the grid going down.
I am really looking forward to cooler weather.
 
I'm no good in the heat either. I would love 40 to 78 degree all year.
 
It hasn't really hit us yet, which is extremely unusual. I'm still opening some windows at night as it's cooler outside than in the house. Later this week we're supposed to get hit though.
 
Connie and I are pretty much staying inside. She gets out in the heat and humidity and just cannot breathe. Been getting rain here and there, so that just makes things really sticky. At one point I looked at my weather station and the "feels like" temperature was 124.7.

One interesting thing about this, though. Pretty much convinced me that if I get a tractor, I need to get one with a cab on it with air conditioning. Probably would be great during yellow fly and mosquito seasons, too. And I have heard of a number of people running over top of a yellow jacket nest that had them leaping off of the tractor and to heck with where it ended up. As my friend Rickey put it "I had to de-ass from my tractor!"
 
Back
Top