• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

HELP Monitor Lizard Broken Toe

Dracosaurus

New member
Joined
Aug 30, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Rochester NY
I noticed today that my mertens monitor lizard index finger on his right foot seems to be broken. It is swelled up and bent at the first knuckle. I am not sure how he broke it or when exactly but it was probably in the last two days. It doesn't appear to be bothering him as he is just as active as ever.

I am not sure what to do. Should I let it heal on its own or bring him into a vet? There aren't any great reptile vets in my area but I can try with a few of them.

Most of what I read online focused on MBD causing easy breaks but I'm pretty sure that is not the cause as I calcium dust most of his food and have uvb bulbs.
688441c03fa71ad0985012547db98c44.jpg
 
Help still needed. Thought his toe was getting better on its own but now it has a red spot and what seems to be puss coming out of it. I will try to get a good picture. Otherwise it doesn't affect his behavior. Still not sure how I can help him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top