• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

HELP WITH JAPONICA FEMALE

JROOTS

Blocked because of INVALID email address!
INVALID email address
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
CINCINNATI,OHIO
I JUST GOT THIS TURTLE A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I SAW WHAT I BELIVED TO BE JUST SOME SHEDDING BUT NOW I THINK IT MAY BE SOMETHING ELSE,IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME.TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO. JROOTS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be a bacterial/fungal infection which looks liek shell rott as well from lack of UVA/B. Hows is the setup, size and everything.
 
Not the right place to post this, but IMO acriflavin will help with that skin infection.Follow the instructions on the bottle.
A vet would be the proper person to ask, but i'm sure you knew that already.
 
im with jozzep....not a message board...but i feel for you....that doesnt look good at all...bring it to the vet they neeto treat with an antibiotic injection before it gets really infected...
 
Ideally this turtle should be seen by a qualified exotics veterinarian with experiance. That is always the best way to diagnose and treat these pets. Skin and shell lesions cold have a multitude of causes but often are caused by sepsis. Often tests like cultures, bloodwork, cytologies and husbandry analysis can help to detrmine underlying cause and then the necessary treatment started from there. That may involve antibiotic injections, topical medications or antifungals as seen fit by your veterinarian. Take this from a fellow keeper but also an exotics veterinarian.

Christopher Stancel, DVM
 
OK,THANKS GUYS.I KNOW THIS WAS NOT THE PLACE TO BE POSTING AND ASKING ABOUT A SICK TURTLE BUT IAM ON THIS SITE ALL THE TIME AND REALLY DINT THINK ABOUT IT WHEN I POSTED IT,IAM GOING TO A EXOTICS VET TODAY,THANKS AGAIN
 
Back
Top