• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Home made incubator......

Gregg M

Hognose Breeder
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
51
Location
Staten Island NY
This is a wine refridgerator turned into an incubator..... I used the heating element from a hova bator along with the indication light..... It took a little bit of time to rewire it and to bend and shape the heating element and to secure it all down nicely but it is well worth the effort..... I am using a boaphile thermostat and the temps do not slide off more than a half of a degree..... I made on similar to this about two years ago and it is still in perfect working order....... I just wanted a new look..... ;) Well here are the pics...... Let me know what you think.....

2767.JPG


2768.JPG


2769.JPG
 
Gregg that’s awesome! It’s the incubator of the future. LOL. Seriously when I need a new incubator it will probably be a full size fridge… jeez that’s a lot of eggs. :)

Thanks for sharing.
 
Gregg that is really cool! Someone awhile back had posted a fridge they had converted and It's funny ...cause every time I walked down the isle at cosco that has those wine coolers I always thought...Wow that would be a cool incubator!... and you did it! very cool!

But what about all the wine?

No really great job!
 
Ditto to the above

That is Most Excellent! I will take one Greg. Go ahead and make mine and ship it to me UPS Ground. Thanks in advance!
 
That looks sharp!!! Very nice work indeed!

I am in the process of converting an old, battered 1950s upright freezer.....I will not be posting pics after seeing that beauty, lol.
 
Thanks so much for the words...... I did this because I cracked my hova bator in an unfortunate vacuming accident.......LOL.... Luckily there was nothing cooking in it...... It is amazing how well this thing is maintaing the temps...... Its actually working better than the first one I built..... It also looks cooler too......LOL...... Anyway, if anyone wants some info on how it was built and wired up just drop me an email...... Later......
 
Back
Top