• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Housing for a Green Tree python?

ladyfett

New member
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Location
Bloomingdale IL
Hi all, I currently have two ball pythons in an AP T8. I wanted to dabble in the world of arboreals, and I was curious on specifics of caging options. I'd really prefer to get another T8 to stack on top, and split it in half. I wanted to know if I kept a GTP in one half of the enclosure, and put plenty of different levels of branches, would he be happy? The enclosure is 4x2x1, which is not very tall, but would it be okay if there were plenty of places to choose from? I figure they do fine in breeding tubs, but I wanted to double check
 
if you are getting a neo (baby) then a tub would be ok until you can get the propper cage for it.
when that small, it's best to keep them in a smaller cage, think something in the 12x12x12 size, with the right heat and humidity,. if you are going to use an exo terra cage, you need to cover the top in order to keep humidity in check, a good heat source with a controler is needed, avoid the heat lamps, they dry up the cage .
once it gets big enough to be moved (1 year old), then it can be in a 24x24x24 cage with a good temperature gradiant.. lots of vines, perches and leaf cover so it feels secure..

that 4x2x1 cage would be too big for a baby and too short for an adult.but you could use 3 deviders and get 4 GTP's :-D you'll end up getting more anyways hehehehe and just use that cage as your neo cage for now !!! just a taught ;-)
 
Back
Top