Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.
Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
Sponsors - Eliminated
Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days
Responding to email notices you receive.
**************************************************
In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.
I'm fairly new to the breeding part but next year I. Want to get into breeding I was wondering if I bred my male albino nelson to my female hypo tangerine honduran what would I get from the clutch of eggs?
I'm not a milk person, but I'm fairly sure you'd just get wildtype integrades that are all 100% het for both albino and hypo. Those color morphs are simple recessive, so both parents would have to carry the genes for any of the offspring to visually express it. Otherwise they'd all just be normal looking hidden carriers for it.
I'm not familiar with the tangerine trait, but if they're line bred for it then I suppose there's a chance their offspring may have more orange in the white bands... Someone else is going to have to answer that one, because I'm not sure of the genetics behind it.
Like I said before, I don't personally work with milks, I don't know how most keepers in those circles feel about this - but a lot of times folks don't see a good reason for it and won't support crosses between subspecies, so they'd probably be harder to sell. Just my opinion, but you'd probably be better off buying another of the same subspecies if you want to breed. Especially when you're just starting out, you may have some questions and find you'll have a harder time troubleshooting since that pairing isn't very common.
Also you may want to look for another visual if you're hoping to see some morphs in your first clutch right away.
Honestly not trying to be a wet blanket here, but if you do go through with this cross breeding, make sure beforehand that you can provide individual housing and care for all of those hatchlings for however long it takes before they sell.
I'm not plan on selling them and yea I would provide a nice good home I was just curious I was thinking that the orange would be more of an whiter orange but would be interestering but thanks for the help took awhile for some one to give an opion
I'm fairly new to the breeding part but next year I. Want to get into breeding I was wondering if I bred my male albino nelson to my female hypo tangerine honduran what would I get from the clutch of eggs?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.