• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

I am SO upset right now!

SPJ

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
7,046
Reaction score
240
Points
63
Age
57
Location
Seymour, CT
I sold my ivory because of a cash flow problem figuring it would work out in the end and I would get an ivory in this latest clutch.
It didn't work out. I got a white deformed dead mess. :(
I am so upset over this. I did get the ivory but it's dead!
I didn't really want to have to sell him but other things took priority and now this happens!!! :angry:
So far this season I have bombed on the odds, had 2 deformed dead babies in the eggs and a premie that died right after coming out of the egg.
This season has sucked! :(
 
That is terrible! I am sorry Steve.

What's done is done, if being pissed made them come back I would be mad as hell with you sir! You will be alright though...can't quit now!

Hope things start looking up for you! Good luck with all you do!
I will keep you in my odds gods prayer!
--Amanda
 
If it's any consolation, Steve, I was on top of the odds.....3 eggs, cut, showing 2 lesser enchis and 1 that looked to be either a lesser or queen bee; 7eggs, slit by babies, with 4 awesome enchis; and 7 eggs that were 2 weeks from hatching that showed, by candling - 2 killer bees, 1 bee, 2 super pastels and two I couldn't really tell.....all of which died within a 36 hr period, before any of them made it out of the egg.
No idea what happened. There was no crazy temp spike, and no obvious reason for those babies to have died. I had two other, non BP clutches, in the incubator - they weren't as far along, but I'm thinking that those are probably dead, too.
My egg season went from awesome to absolute crap, basically overnight, without explanation.
 
Oh, the other 2 eggs were a pastel and a spider - I ended up cutting the eggs when they were obviously dead. 7 eggs, no normals.
 
Damn, Steve!!

I'm so very sorry for your losses!!

I hear you, and feel your pain.

Three years ago, I had my first year breeding and selling my cresties.

Last summer, I lost every last baby to the horrendous heat.

Last winter, I lost 1/3 of my juvi/sub-adult/adult stock to a fungal infestation.

All I could do this year was try to replace some of my adults, and carry on.
If I gave up, all those geckos' lives had NO MEANING.

I loved them WAY MORE than that, and I'll never forget the ones who died!

I've lost a bunch of eggs this year, but mostly had a lot of duds, due to first-year breeding females.

BUT-on the UP-SIDE, I do have 17 hatchlings so far, and several more eggs incubating.

I guess the moral of my story is that beating yourself up helps NOTHING.

Have a good cry if you feel the need, then suck it up and put one foot in front of the other.

Give those lost little lives MEANING!!

You may be behind in your plans, but NOTHING is set in stone in the breeding world.

As long as YOU'RE still here, there will be more breeding seasons to do ivories!!

My condolences, hon!!



RIP, little ones!!!
 
2 more dead tonight.
I'm done. It's not fun anymore. Way too many losses this season.
 
Back
Top