• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

ID rattlesnake?

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Admittedly this is a bad picture, that I scanned and then zoomed. The picture is about 25 years old. As young boys my brother and I would hunt for critters. This is a rattlesnake we caught as boys and brought home to show our folks, they were not impressed! Even worse we used only an empty milk jug to catch it with. Can't believe we didn't get bit trying to persuade the snake to crawl through 1.5" opening to enter the jug. Dumb-dumb kids!!

Always wondered what kind it was. Caught in San Bernadino, California. Any ideas? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 182
Looks like part of the "old" C. viridis complex (currently C. oreganus and ssp for those to the west).
I'm fuzzy on the ranges, but I'll take a stab with Southern Pacific
 
I used to keep a lot of hots...but I sold most of that stuff back in the late 90s, just before I left the state (the only thing I kept was a 5.5-6 ft atrox).
 
Back
Top