• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Incandescent Light Ban - Will this impact heat lamps?

SPJ

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
7,046
Reaction score
240
Points
63
Age
57
Location
Seymour, CT
Since incandescent lights are going to be banned after the first of the year, does anyone know if the reptile heat lamps are part of the ban?
 
I thought this ban was blocked?
No clue if it will include "Reptile" basking bulbs.
I generally use Halogen flood bulbs for basking reptiles.
 
I dont believe that if that has passed that it will change anything with reptile based fixtures and bulbs. We sell a ton of bulbs and fixtures at the shop, and we have several dry good reps that come through, and there are a few that are coming out with new products that go along with their older products as additions. So I would assume that anything that would be a huge deal like the lighting issue would have already been addressed by these companies.
But I honestly dont know, but have no heard of any changes to the bulbs happening. :)
 
Back
Top