• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Incubation temps???

del9800

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
135
Reaction score
5
Points
18
Location
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hello all,

I have a question in regards to incubator temps. With Hognose breeding just around the corner I want to make sure I have everything set for incubation. I have made a incubator from a wine cooler, everything is set and ready to go. My question is.. Hognose eggs are incubated @80-84 degrees. Should ambient air and thermostat be set at around those temps or should the inside of the container be at those temps? I did a practice run for a couple days with thermostat set @83 degree but inside my S.I.M. container was at 79-81 degrees measured with a thermometer. I would appreciate your input from you experience breeders.

Thanks,
 
The inside of the container should be those temps. I kept mine at 83 last season and had a 95% hatch rate.
 
Back
Top