• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Bad Guy JP Pets, reptilestopetstores.com, Andrew McVige

Kinda seems like a logical first step to me....

If I did that every time we had a questionable invoice at work, I would be in a mountain of charge backs and over charges.
 
We did our due diligence in house, even tried contacting the customer by phone (possibly we had the wrong number) our receivables showed the original transaction wasnt charged.. Not untill we called our merchant processor did we find it was charged 2x..
 
The amounts are not the same. A system is usually set up to catch double charges for the same amount. Quite often a box will pop up informing the user the enrty my be a duplicate, sometimes not tho. A person who knows this tho would not enter the same number but keep it close to not raise instant questions. It makes no sense to go back 3 months and rebill, I am SURE if they did not receive pmt they would have known, c'mon now. Does that mean others got charged again that same month? Who knows...some people have a lot of activity on their cards and wouldn't notice. While they did give a credit it sorta looks like hush money.
 
We did our best to give the OP the reason. Some may believe it some may not but it is the truth. People have the right to form there own opinion but The issue has been resolved and the OP received all her $ back, an apology and a credit of $50 additional. There is nothing more we can say or do at this point to take back the mistake. I wish there was however the problem was solved.
 
We did our due diligence in house, even tried contacting the customer by phone (possibly we had the wrong number) our receivables showed the original transaction wasnt charged.. Not untill we called our merchant processor did we find it was charged 2x..

I just checked my phone records, the phone number (407) 320-7001 is not there.
My phone number is on all my emails, including the one that I sent with my CC info.

Either way, I have my money & am satisfied with that.
 
had the second charge been for the same amount then the invoice statement would stand as a logical reason for the charge. the fact that the cents amount was changed indicates fraud plain and simple. this may have been done by one employee(s) in an attempt to make some quick money. I would hope this spurs a full sweep of all credit card charges and a change of policy where you no longer keep the card number on file.
 
Seems kinda weird the owner would email you back and not leave his name. Really makes no sense why someone wouldn't take the credit for their company or in this case a mistake and not take the responsibility.

To me JP Pets is a lil higher class then DTS herps. :( . I placed 3 wholesale orders with them a few years ago. Every time I received an order there were a few problems. Had a 10 lot of Red Eye tree frogs that within a few days all but 3 were dead, and also received a blood python that died less then 48 hours from opening the box. Learned my lesson, a lot of times you get what you pay for when buying from a wholesaler vs. a breeder thats selling a wholesale lot.
 
The amounts are not the same. A system is usually set up to catch double charges for the same amount. Quite often a box will pop up informing the user the enrty my be a duplicate, sometimes not tho. A person who knows this tho would not enter the same number but keep it close to not raise instant questions. It makes no sense to go back 3 months and rebill, I am SURE if they did not receive pmt they would have known, c'mon now. Does that mean others got charged again that same month? Who knows...some people have a lot of activity on their cards and wouldn't notice. While they did give a credit it sorta looks like hush money.

:iagree:
 
Mellisa, I work for JP PETS and have since October 2011..

What's going on here? There seems to be a BUNCH of mistakes that all worked in a specific series here. You've posted that she informed you of the double charge, then just a few posts up you say your merchant processor did. You say you have only been working there since Oct 2011, but below you know all about an order that took place in July. I'm smelling lots of fish.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1426840&postcount=14

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299787
 
Better yet, what's your real name "Robert?" Tell us the real reason why the owner can't post. You work for JP Pets, but brag about being a millionaire elsewhere? Why was your account created the same day you went on a bashing spree about Ben Siegal?

This was posted in October, when you started "working" for JPPets:

Ken, I am glad you have enjoyed his animals. If you have buying from him for years no doubt you received some of the animals we sold him that he never payed us (any many others) for. Actually I shouldnt use the word sold as that implies actually making a transaction and getting paid. Maybe the word unintentionally donated is more appropriate.
If he went through a divorce and thats why he filed bankruptcy okay, but if he is going to continue in the same business he should pay his vendors and say that the bankruptcy was only used as a legal tool during the divorce. Instead he hid behind it to avoid his debts.. Ken, I have nothing against you and I do not know you I am sure you are a good guy but you do understand that at some point you indirectly supported his behavior and in effect bought stolen merchandise..

Ken This is not an attack on you. Simply I was making a point. I am not teling you that you bought stolen animals. I am not telling you that you should feel guilty about who you buy from..I am sure you had no idea and how could you.... Has anyone ever bought from you though and not paid bounced a check et.. How did you feel about it. Would you like it that that person re sold and profited from the stolen animals.... Its no secret the guy stiffed a ton of over seas suppliers and other importers here. Ask around or there may even be info on the BOI about it. Turn a blind eye if you want. I might also if I was in your situation, however I am not happy about getting stiffed for 1000's of dollars and I think people wanting to buy from him should know that.. Once again this is not an attack on you personally or your choice on who to buy from.. Only the FACT of what has happened to me and others and I will let people form there own opinion.. thx

You know, if you are the owner hiding behind a fake name, it can be devasting for your business. Why would you get stiffed working for JP?

You think Im jealous. You want to put me down, fine. I can tell you I am a millionaire many times over. Look me up.
The board is to post opinions. Mine is he is a narcasist. Yours is different. Respect it dont sling crap at me.
 
They see Nick rollin', they hatin'

He'll catch you ridn' dirty.

I just still don't understand why they do an instant charge and not look into it.

I deal with loads of invoices and purchase orders everyday. There are plenty of times I find an error, but I don't auto recharge. It's your job as a business owner to look into that kind of thing. Not just "well I'll run it again," that is bad business.
 
I guess it could have been misspelled on purpose, but herper1384 doesn't know how to spell "apology" and whoever responded to the e-mail does.
 
We did our best to give the OP the reason. Some may believe it some may not but it is the truth. People have the right to form there own opinion but The issue has been resolved and the OP received all her $ back, an apology and a credit of $50 additional. There is nothing more we can say or do at this point to take back the mistake. I wish there was however the problem was solved.

I guess it could have been misspelled on purpose, but herper1384 doesn't know how to spell "apology" and whoever responded to the e-mail does.

Sometimes he does.
 
And why are they pushing so hard, basically asking you to use the credit they're offering you??

They need to leave THAT alone, as you already know they offered it!!!
It seems they're practically begging you to take them up on the credit...which I would NOT do, after being double charged for an order.

It's times like this that make me glad I don't have a credit card!
 
my opinion, dude is running a credit card scam throught the buisness and the real owner has no idea about any of this. that's why he's pushing the credit as a way to "hush the subject" and explains the lame invoice excuse saying that it didn't show payment and was charged a second time. one the amount was different if he used the invoice the amount would be the same and they wouldn't ship animals with out payment bottom line. the excuse is complete horse****. you notify the BBB he could have done this to multiple people. its seems to me like clear cut fraud.
 
Why can't the owner contact HER? If I were in that situation and the owner hadn't contacted me at all a "Bad Guy" thread would not have sufficed for the fraudulent charges.

More than anything at this point, that bothers me the most. Why did I have to contact the "owner"? If that happened to one of my customers I would be on the phone apologizing personally.

And who is this Andrew McVige?

I have many unanswered questions that will remain unanswered at this point.
 
We did our best to give the OP the reason. Some may believe it some may not but it is the truth. People have the right to form there own opinion but The issue has been resolved and the OP received all her $ back, an apology and a credit of $50 additional. There is nothing more we can say or do at this point to take back the mistake. I wish there was however the problem was solved.


My question was never answered. Do you notify your customers that you store their credit card numbers?

I have never heard of a company doing this without notifying each customer that their card # will be stored (yes this includes business and wholesale accounts). The second charge was over 3 months from the first and for a different amount.

The common defense of scammers and thieves who get caught with their pants down on Fauna seems to be along the lines of "Fauna doesn't matter, we do tons of business without it."...

On a side note, you may or may not display this email on a retail public forum. We do not sell retail and only cater to Wholesalers and Pet shops... I cannot stop you from posting, and we have nothing as a business to hide however it has been my experience that doing so will only create additional drama and will not allow this issue or any other to die.

Regardless of what you think you may know about this site, there are plenty of business and wholesale users, not just retail. Your disregard for this site and trying hard to end this thread is starting to fit a familiar pattern I've watched play out time and time again. If you have nothing to hide, it's very much in your best interest to explain your business policies instead of trying to end discussion. Once again, you can start with:

Do you notify your customers that you store their credit card numbers?

To the OP, I would recommend you notify your credit card company about this (beyond the charge back). They take fraudulent charges from merchants very seriously (even if the merchant doesn't) and may take steps including revoking their ability to process credit cards.
 
Back
Top