• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Junk mail

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I get all sorts of snail mail advertising. The vast majority I don't look at. Around Christmas it gets ridiculous. But, sometimes I'll look at stuff like garden seed catalogs, I think that once you buy from some of these garden companies you get mail for life, but I like gardening so that is OK.
A couple months ago I rejoined the AAA, the American Automobile Association. They are persistent mailers, and I got another piece of mail from them a few days ago. I think it was labelled 'Second Notice' so I opened it, because I had just rejoined (and paid) and they shouldn't have needed to mail me.
I noticed they had a special offer, too.
So I email the AAA to make sure I am registered and mentioned the offer.
They wrote back, confirmed my registration, and told me they were sending me money so I could have the offer price.
I guess every once in a while, opening a piece of junk mail is worthwhile :D
 
Yay for savings!

Do you have a smart phone Lucille? If so there's an app that you can download called "Paper Karma" and you can set up an account, and scan (photograph) your junk mail, and it will take you off of those mailing listings...

I have downloaded it and it's working like a charm!
 
I never did get a smart phone because I rarely use a phone.
But if I had the app I would have missed the mail that I turned into cash.:)
 
Heck, I don't want a smart phone. Nor a smart car, smart TV, or smart *anything*, please and thank you. The way I figure it, sooner or later if you fill your house and life up with smart appliances, they are going to start talking together and eventually turn on you. Shades of The Terminator!!

But heck, now that I think about it, maybe having an alarm clock smart enough to know that I REALLY don't want to get up that early wouldn't be such a bad thing to have around.
 
Back
Top