• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Keeping Ackies outside.

loudog760

New member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Palm Springs, CA
So I've been curious about keeping a group of Red Ackie monitor outside. I live near Palm Springs California. (La Quinta) and it seems like the weather is quite similar? I'm struggling to find more in depth info on the areas they live so I could look at some weather data. Most care sheets say they can't handle the cold, our winters can get kind cold. December - February. mid 40's to 50s at night on average But that normally doesn't last that long. I just looking into the idea, I would love some insight and feedback on this.
 
I can't see the thread because of ADS. But I'm in AZ and I keep all African and Australian monitors outside. However I provide heat boxes and tarp the cages at night. You can do multiple heating setups. It's really simple. Make sure they have 110 basking in winter and at night the ambient temp of cage is greater then 70 or the heat box the temperature of monitor with temp gun is 70 plus
 
Back
Top