• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Kingsnake vs. Garter Snake

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Was digging around old photos and came across a couple I thought I would share. These pictures are about 20 years old now. We had a pet cal. king. Came home from work one evening and there was this garter snake sitting on the sidewalk in front of us. Decided to see what would happen if we put the two together. This is what happened.
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 181
Nice throw back pics Robert!! Was your king able to keep the meal down? I had a cal king when I was young that I fed a medium sized nerodia to and he yakked it up after a day or 2. Thanks for sharing!
 
Funny you would say that Patrick, that is exactly what happened. Big nasty mess of of barfed up garter snake shortly afterwards. Looking back at it, it was probably due to improper heating in the cage and/or the fact that the garter was pretty huge in relation to the king's own body size if I had to guess.

On a different note, looking at the picture, you can see the devastating constriction that king put on that garter... I mean s-q-u-e-e-z-e-d!!
 
Back
Top