• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Leo prices are going way up.....

Gregg M

Hognose Breeder
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
51
Location
Staten Island NY
LOL..... Did anyone else see the $3000 leopard gecko for sale...... Granted it is a beautiful leo but come on now.....
 
I'd rather see them at $3000 than $10. A person can ask whatever price they want for their animals. No one has to buy it unless they want to.
 
Urban Gecko sold all of the listed animals on his site for between $200 and $1300 so if there is a buyer then sell em for what you can get. Besides, I see snakes going for $2500 and no one seems to flinch, why not quality leopard geckos?

Interesting to see how this goes.

Regards,

Terry
 
Well, $3000 may be a bit much, but holy crap thats a nice animal.

Tell me honestly, if you had an extra $1500 sitting around specifically for the purchace of a screamer, would you buy it?

You must admit, that animal is extremely nice, and if you crossed it with an albino, or a large CT, or maybe introduced some redstripe in it, tell me it isnt a good investment.

Michael
 
That is true Jeremy but that is a little much. I can honestly say that is the most expensive leo I have ever seen since getting into leo and definitly not the best. It is very beautiful but nothing like some of the best Ive seen in my opinion. I think that someone would be getting taken if they were to buy it as the market value would be much less but I guess the sentimental (Spelling) value can be whatever you want for it. None the less no one has to buy it if they dont want to and anyone can ask whatever they want for a leo. So bottom line its a beautiful leo and maybe he will find someone that thinks the sentimental value is worth $3000.
 
Aaron, I don't know how you use both of these sentences back to back like this
I think that someone would be getting taken if they were to buy it as the market value would be much less but I guess the sentimental (Spelling) value can be whatever you want for it. None the less no one has to buy it if they dont want to and anyone can ask whatever they want for a leo.

You just contradicted your self. Either someone is being taken or no one has to buy it if they don't want to. I think as long as the animal is represented fairly and honestly ( which I think it is ) he can ask whatever he wants for any animal. There is no set price on any animal in the market. Therefore you can ask whatever you want. Chad probally worked long and hard to produce that animal and he set his asking price. Anyone else can do the same. Represent your animals fairly and ask whatever you want for them. If you really need to move an animal you will have to comprimise on the price. Do you think it will upset Chad if he has to keep that animal. I think he would make more than the asking price by selling the offspring from it next season.
 
where is there a 3000 dollar leo ?

red stripes sunglows and blazing blizzard are around half that ! i need to see that one ! please tell me where u saw that anyone ?
 
The leo is in the classifieds...... The thing that got me was that he said the offers he got were insults..... Sure it takes money to make animals like that but three grand for one leo...... I am sure places like urban put hundreds of thousands into their breeding stock and they sell leos between 4 and 15 hundred..... How long did it take and how much money did it take to finaly get blazing blizzards on the market and they are going for $1500...... If you ask me it is rediculous to put an animal up for sale if you have no real intentions of selling it...... I did not write this to start anything with Chad...... Only the big name breeders can get high prices like that and the highest is only half that rediculous asking price...... Sentimental value means nothing on the open market and is not a factor when pricing an animal you want to sell...... Anything I produce is priceless to me wether it is gaboons or leos but the reality is there is a basic price line that most breeders fallow..... Like I said the leo is awesome but NOT worth the price being asked......
 
Here is the $3000 gecko:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49873

I think some geckos are indeed being offered for a whole lotta money, but others, I feel are going down A LOT in price. The newer morphs people want and are willing to pay thousands for, whereas other morphs the prices are declining. I know last year tremper albinos were in the $150-$200 range, now I can't sell a proven male for even $100, I paid $120 when he was just a baby at 14 grams last year! Same with some of the hypos too, unless they are superior quality, all their prices are declining as well. I mean, normals you can sell now for $10-$20 each! It's just amazing how varied the prices are especially the differences in say a 6-month period!
 
What I cant stand is how people think there are name brand leos and how they are willing to pay double just because they come from "such and such". So what if they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to create those morphs, does that justify their high prices???. Anyone is capable of creating morphs like that or better, there is no such a thing as "hard work", just patience. Breeding geckos is a walk through the park.

As for Chad's gecko,
I dont think he really wants to sell that gecko. Personally, I think if someone comes along and is willing to pay $3000 for the gecko then great, thats the price he's willing to sell it at. But if no offer comes along, Im sure Chad would be just as content with keeping her and breeding her.
 
its one thing if someone asks you to sell your best or favorite gecko

and your comeback is "yea not unless u have 3000" lol just so they leave you alone !!! : ) as opposed to putting it in a classified ,just to ask offers for it ,tofind out what u might get for it (or something) when really you do not intend or want to sell it !!! thats just me , but if u ask for "offers" , then tell people they insulted you for offering , thats even more insulting !!! plain and simple if someone doesnt want an offer , then they shouldnt ask 4 one ! , if someone wants to bury themselves with that $3000 dollar pricetag !, thats ok too ! cheers !:beer:
 
More than I can afford but....

Sure it is a substantial amount of money but if Chad deems it necessary to charge the amount, than so be it. It may seem like too much for some, but I can imagine that some one may decide to purchase it.

My only question is can you expect to make enough money off of the offspring to justify the purchase. I am just curious to see what the market may bear.

Anyway very nice looking leo.
:D
 
"You just contradicted your self. Either someone is being taken or no one has to buy it if they don't want to. I think as long as the animal is represented fairly and honestly ( which I think it is ) he can ask whatever he wants for any animal." QUOTE: Jeremy Letkey


Jeremy I believe that if someone buys that leo they are getting taken in the aspect of the market value as there are numerous leos of the same and better quality at a fraction of the price. I also think that someone doesnt have to buy it if they dont want. So you say I contridict myself? They would be getting taken because of the value but maybe not by the sentimintal value. So I should have stated in the aspect of the market value for leos like this gecko in question, even if someone happily buys it for sentimintal reasons in reality they are getting taken on the true value end. So you have to give into one to get the other. So its value is $3000 to someone but its not the true value in reality. I hope this clears up my previous statement for ya.
 
Back
Top