• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Media

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...ave-100-snakes-lizards-from-fire-13451866.php



I thought this article was worth linking. Many accounts of fires where snakes are involved end up with the snakes sensationalized and confiscated.
Here, there was a completely different approach. The fire was said to have 'endangered' the snakes. The firefighters removed the snakes to the garage, just helping them, no sensationalism.
And I think after reading the article, that it might be a good idea to unplug lights on Christmas trees when no one is home, because of the possibility of fire.
 
Articles like this one make me happy. (The loss of property, of course, is unfortunate.)

To read a simple news report that doesn't tell me how I should react emotionally kind of boosts my self-esteem ("Wow, they think I'm capable of making up my own mind about this event! I must be pretty emotionally competent."). And, since I don't know anything about how emergency responders handle the range of situations, it gives me a little security to think that firefighters might go out of their way to save something that most people think isn't worth saving.

Thanks for the link!
 
Back
Top