• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Mini blenders, protein shakes

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
Athletes and dieters both have been extolling protein shakes so I decided to try them. I have an inexpensive mini blender from Oster where one can drink one's shake from the same container used as a blender. (If you drink a lot of smoothies there is a more expensive mini blender, the Bullet, but I just use the Oster for the shakes).
I use the Body Fortress brand, inexpensive at Walmart, and I chose the chocolate flavor.
I doctored it up a bit, adding some nonfat milk powder, no cal sweetener to make it a bit sweeter and some guar gum to make it thicker like an ice cream shake.
Around 200 calories per shake, and it is filling and is a great snack or small meal, especially for days when I am doing garden projects all day and don't want to make a meal. One scoop of powder, ice cubes and cold water, takes about a minute to make.
 
Back
Top