• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Monitor ID please!

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Anyone able to identify this monitor?
Morph?
Flash photo only?
After a couple of guesses (since I don't want to taint opinions) I will post what it was being sold as.

Thank you in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 4444444.jpg
    4444444.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 221
I will at least mention that this was being listed at over $15k if that helps at all?
 
It looks like an albino water monitor, but I'm not an expert, I also do not know whether or not they are worth $15k.
 
It looks like an albino water monitor,
Thanks Elena - that is what it was being sold as T-Albino Water Monitor.
This additional picture is from NERD (link) for comparison.
 

Attachments

  • 18december08albinowater9-2014-800-600-90-rd-255-255-255-wm-right_bottom-100-nerdwatermarkpng.jpg
    18december08albinowater9-2014-800-600-90-rd-255-255-255-wm-right_bottom-100-nerdwatermarkpng.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 238
Maybe the poster meant T+? I'm not familiar with monitor morphs either, so not sure if T+ water monitors are known to exist or what their value would be. Just looks more T+ than negative, if it's not just a poor quality photo with too much flash.
 
T+ water monitors do exist.

The NERD photo shows a recently hatched T- water monitor, pink with yellow spots. As they become older they are more of a yellow/tan color.

That being said, the seller's photo is so bad that I can't tell if it is T- or T+. That's why I simply said "albino water monitor." Maybe someone more experienced can weigh in.

What baffles me is why someone selling an animal for 15K can't bother to photograph it properly. If they were able to buy such an expensive animal, surely they can afford a decent camera, and if they expect to get that much for it, surely they can take the time to get a good photo, try it with and without flash, maybe use some lighting to show the animals true colors. I sold a normal baby KSB this year, for $50, and he was photographed with a professional-quality camera, with lighting, on a background. And he looked great.
 
Just looks more T+ than negative, if it's not just a poor quality photo with too much flash.

That being said, the seller's photo is so bad that I can't tell if it is T- or T+.

T+ might be the case. I haven't gone too deep yet, but if it is a T+ vs. a T- that could mean the difference of a $22k(T-) vs. $4k(T+) animal from what I've briefly seen. Bad picture, too much flash. On purpose? I don't put it past people. Buy a T+ and try to pass it off as a T-?

Thank you both for your thoughts thus far.
 
Back
Top