• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Mutant Coqui frog???

dieselfan

Active member
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
298
Reaction score
87
Points
28
Location
Tyrone, Ga
Hey all! Was on vacation down in Seista Key a couple weeks back and found a pretty neat frog. Enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • EE1D3CEA-B520-4517-945B-510D5A4009CB.jpg
    EE1D3CEA-B520-4517-945B-510D5A4009CB.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 205
That is cool! Do you happen to know what the rules are in Florida for collecting exotics? That would be a neat thing to have in captivity, especially if you collected a few more individuals from the same population.
 
That is cool! Do you happen to know what the rules are in Florida for collecting exotics? That would be a neat thing to have in captivity, especially if you collected a few more individuals from the same population.

I’m pretty sure you can do what ever you want with invasive species. There was another Coqui literally 6 inches away from this guy when I saw it. I am not good with amphibians!
 
@Snowgyre, do you know what mutation that might be considered?

@DieselFan, that is one awesome find. I happen to love amphibians though. Plus, thank you, very much for sharing. I hope you had a nice vacation.
 
That's a Greenhouse frog, Eleutherodactylus planirostris. I've seen hundreds but never one like that. It's totally fine to catch and keep that frog in FL. They are considered non native. Cool fact, they have no tad pole stage. All direct development in the eggs. So tiny when born!
 
That's a Greenhouse frog, Eleutherodactylus planirostris.
Thanks for clarifying what species it is.

I've seen hundreds but never one like that.
If you had to guess the mutation, what do you think? Could that be a pied/piebald specimen? Of course, it could just be a random non genetic mutation too.

It's totally fine to catch and keep that frog in FL. They are considered non native.
Just another cool perk of being a Floridian.

Cool fact, they have no tad pole stage. All direct development in the eggs. So tiny when born!
Wow, I never knew that. That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing that with us too.

Learned something new today, thanks.
:iagree: and :exactly:!
 
Back
Top