• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

New kind of I.D.

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
Out this fall. To me, another step in leashing us all.
I'm all for my accounts being secure, but this is disturbing. I simply do not believe that this device cannot be hacked or more ominous, already comes with back door accessibility, intentional or not.


http://www.getnymi.com
 
That is what everyone needs, another place to store info. I don't have a Facebook account, I think I'll stay away from this. Everyone is still taking cash, right???:shrug01:
 
bad enough that police use Stingray devices ( http://www.globalresearch.ca/new-hi...the-stingray-cell-phone-spying-device/5331165 ) to intercept phone signals (a violation of 4th amendment, imo) now we have these devices that we are being manipulated into thinking are good for us. What's next, bar-code tattoos and gps chips inserted under our skin?

I have been trying to move back to using cash again and I think I will continue to do so. maybe I will turn my phone off too.
 
If they tied it with a surgically inserted cell phone connection with an always-on connection to Facebook, people would be camping out in lines for days to have it done. :rolleyes:
 
Unfortunately, we as humans have done this to ourselves. Wanting everything more convenient, faster, and less time face to face. We no longer have to stop at toll booths, go inside a grocery store or park our own car (I'm not referring to valet). The more technology we have, the more obsolete we become. Ok my rant is over. For now...
 
maybe I will turn my phone off too.

I have heard but do not know if it is true, that as long as your phone has a battery in it, your location is available and the phone can serve as a tap.


park our own car
I saw a video of one of those self parking cars. Amazing. I'm not sure I want a self driving/parking car though, one is always hearing about car technology going wrong and recalls.


The more technology we have, the more obsolete we become.
I think nothing can ever replace each of us as unique human beings.

I suppose it is difficult to draw a line with technology. I remember helping my grandmother wash clothes in the brook, running the clothes through a wringer and hanging the laundry on a line with clothespins. I'm happy with my washer/dryer, indoor plumbing, etc.
 
Back
Top