• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Parasites in Iguanas ???'s please.

mialma09

New member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
San Diego, CA USA
Ok so my wife and I purchased our baby red iguana at the Pomona, CA show last september I believe it was and it has been doing really well and eating well, we spray the cage for extra water to lap up and a mix of different veggies always topped with repashy supercal and repashy super pig to bring out the red in it a little more. But over the last few days I have kinda noticed that her belly/abdomen has gotten a little bigger and rounder. I have seen that she goes poop in the bath tub that it goes down a bit like maybe she had some excess gas or something but I wanted to know what kinda parasites if she had any they could be and if they were immediate life threatening and if antibiotics or antiparisitics would need to be implemented quickly. I really appreciate your time in reading this and I hope to have some knowledgable expertise replied back, thank you.
 

Attachments

  • Photo on 2013-03-16 at 21.08.jpg
    Photo on 2013-03-16 at 21.08.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Photo on 2013-03-16 at 21.08 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2013-03-16 at 21.08 #2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Photo on 2013-03-16 at 21.08 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2013-03-16 at 21.08 #3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 139
Hi There!
I'm not an expert, but I've owned an Iguana for the past 9 months he is now ten months old. For the most part his little tummy looks exactly the same way when he has eaten well. I, at one time thought mine was overly bloated, but I think it is when they are also well hydrated. As far as the poop goes I think my Ig's goes to the bottom of the bathtub to, most of the time. Hope this helps a little!
 
Yeah I have owned a few iguanas before as well I guess I may have just over reacted a bit. I had just never noticed it bloat like that before but it has gone down and such when it goes to the bathroom and during the day. I dunno maybe I just have a tubby iggy.
 
never hurts to get a fecal done (lots of vets will do so for less than $20), back when I had an iggy, he did have a parasite load which was easily treated.
Good luck, cute little one!
 
I have to agree never hurts to get a fecal sample tested!!
I check all my new lizards right away! Almost all my skinks had some kind of internal parasite when I first bought them. Very easy to treat after you know what your dealing with.
 
Back
Top