• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

PayPal Myth, Beware...

I was going to comment on the thread there but I will post it here instead. I have seen Paypal go both ways on this. I had an issue and filed a dispute over some animals. I provided Paypal with all of the details and they still sided with the seller. I have also seen folks get scammed as they ship the animals and then they buyer files a dispute and Paypal sides with them.

I would be more supportive of the money order method but that has just as many risks as Paypal. First it offers no protection for the buyer. Second you then have to worry about counterfeit documents. Sometimes they are obvious, other times they are not. It would not be fun to ship an animal only to find out that your bank has pulled the funds due to a fradualent document.

Sadly there seem to be no really good solutions to avoid these situations.
 
Back
Top