• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Peacock Eel questions

deviljho

New member
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Escondido California
Hello. I recently got a Peacock Spiny Eel and i really love the little guy. Wasn't eating freeze dried bloodworms but appears to be eating frozen thawed shrimp. I've had him for about a week and today i noticed something off. Some of his scales in the back quarter of his body are turning greyer, and he has a couple white specks on his body. Not sure about the discoloration but the spots look like either Ich or just sand, i can't tell. Can anybody offer any advice to me on the matter? I would ao greatfully appreciate it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 198
I snapped some more pictures of the little guy. The girst one shows his cross section, i cannot quite tell if he is eating. I assume he is cuz he's gotten much more active, but i haven't actively seen him eat. I even offered him a live worm with little interest.

The second picture is what i believe is a wound. It looks perfect shape and size to suggest that my Sailfin Molly nipped it. I heard that molly's might be bullies but this convinced me. But i'm gonna bring in the Molly tomorrow, swap it out for a different fish. Still, i am eager to hear your opinions and thoughts on how to ensure my eel is eating. I greatly appreciate it.
 
Sorry last pictures didn't post. I'll post em here.


So i found that my water chemestry was off, too much Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonias. So i'm cycling my tank and i've put my eel in isolation. No substrate just the eel. I'm still trying to get him to eat, so i've given him an earthworm. Only problem is he won't eat. The worm is the right diameter, but is there such a thing as too long? I really want this eel to eat. Please help.

He also has a weird bump on his gut, shown in the 3rd pic. Not sure what that is either.
 
Back
Top