• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

POP already!!

saltwaterreptiles

New member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
963
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
56
Location
St. John's Newfoundland Canada
A pic of our extremly gravid patty ( yes we have decided that she is a patty, despite being sold to us as a blizzard ;) ) Fragga, and her cage mate Nyssa playing the role of midwife... lol...

Its interesting on the pattys you can REALLY see the eggs. I know on my fatties it was hard to see the eggs unless you looked under thier bellies...

Anyhoo... just thought I would share....
poorgirl.jpg
 
Yup I have a patty in exactly the same situation....I had thought she would be laying last night...I woke up and there were eggs...but not from her...Surprise surprise...from a female I didn't even realize was going to lay.Yes she had been with the male but she just didn't look gravid....see what I get for thinking...LOL and still my Patty looks about ready to explode.....Gotta love those geckos...never a dull moment.
Robin
 
wow!!!!

Looks like she is going to have jumbo eggs!! I hope you have been giving her lots of calcium, looks like she is gonna need it making eggs that big!!
 
yup....ample calcium....just recently switched over to giving them pure calcium in a dish available at all times and calcium with d3 dusted on thier food once a week given the recent discussion here on these boards in regards to issues with too much d3...

The tremper I had just laid two of the biggest eggs I have EVER seen, looks like my patty is going to continue the trend. These are my first leo eggs, used to AFT's, and the size difference between the two in regards to thier eggs is considerable.... check this out....

Eggs_Astryd_vs_Jaxey.jpg
 
Thats incredible...I don't have any AFT's but I would have thought the AFT eggs would be bigger...I guess cause they look kind of bulkier i think.
Robin
 
Well granted there is quite the size difference between the two ladies that LAID the eggs as well.... my tremper female is well over 85 grams now, and the fattie that laid that egg, though fully grown and VERY healthy is a little runt wieghing in at 45 grams.... lol.... so its a little deceiving,but generally my aft eggs are smaller than the leos....

I know what your saying about the AFT's though, they do look like little tanks, everything is stubbier about them... the biggest difference I have seen is in the toes, only half the length of leos...lol... love my AFT's, teddy bears of the gecko world methinks....
 
Back
Top