• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Prep table

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
There is a second hand restaurant equipment company in town, and I decided to get a stainless steel prep table from them.
I love my teeny house but the kitchen counters are small and only a few feet on either side of the sink. There is little room to do anything that needs space like chopping a bunch of veggies or making a pizza crust.
The new table is a monster, it is 30x48 (I had to take off two sets of doors to get it in the kitchen) and it is taking up a lot of the small kitchen floor space. But it is wonderful. Huge, easy to clean stainless surface.

So far I've painted the kitchen, put in a new vinyl floor, put up shelves and seven pot racks (I have my regular pots and pans plus my ornamental copper pan collection). I still have to repaint the cabinets and put cabinet liners in.
Both kids now have fiancés, so I want to start having big family gatherings from time to time and when this is all finished, I will feel like I have a 'new' kitchen to cook the big Italian, BBQ, southern fried chicken meals I have planned.

BTW before I started all these projects I checked out commercial kitchen remodel prices with new cabinets and sinks and fancy countertops and professionally installed flooring. It can easily run $10,000 and more.
My DIY kitchen project? Less than $500. Including the prep table. :D
 
Back
Top