I spent the morning replanting a bunch of houseplants and had already defrosted a pork shoulder but didn't feel like cooking. This was very simple and once it gets to the simmer stage does not need any attention.:
3.5 lb pork shoulder
1/2 cup packed down brisket rub
Put pork shoulder in pot just large enough to hold it, and just cover with water. Put the brisket rub in. Brink to a boil and then simmer 3 hours, covered with the cover tilted just a bit. Remove the shoulder and use two forks to pull apart the meat. I added some Kraft bbq sauce but the meat was already very flavorful.
Easy recipe.
3.5 lb pork shoulder
1/2 cup packed down brisket rub
Put pork shoulder in pot just large enough to hold it, and just cover with water. Put the brisket rub in. Brink to a boil and then simmer 3 hours, covered with the cover tilted just a bit. Remove the shoulder and use two forks to pull apart the meat. I added some Kraft bbq sauce but the meat was already very flavorful.
Easy recipe.
