• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Question about Dragon Behavior

Joined
Sep 17, 2011
Messages
48
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
St. Mary's County, MD
I have a 2 (?) year old bearded dragon, I got him a few months ago because he's a cranky ass. Never bitten, hasn't gone black in over a month.

I take him out nearly once a day. I put him back once he's calmed down.
Tonight he was scratching at his cage which he does when he's bored or sees a reflection. The issue is he's bored but doesn't want to come out! I've started taking him out and having people hand feed him. He loves it. He even sat on my shoulder for 3 minutes before bolting the other day...

Tonight I tried to get him to want to climb in my hand, he just kept gaping his mouth slightly. Sat still, no black beard. I picked him up, I figured he just wanted food and wasn't inteming to bite. Well, in my hand he kept looking at me from the side, mouth perpendicular to me and kept gaping his mouth. No black beard, not frantic in the least which is normal. So since he was calm i just put him back.

Was he threatening to bite me?
Just expecting food?
If the latter, should I stop hand feeding so often?
- would he have bitten for food I didn't have?

I'm just wondering if this is common or something I misunderstood.
I know it wasn't heat, outside of his enclosure the house is like 70°F
 
His behavior sounds like one of my dragons that has bad eye sight its hard for her to tell if my finger is food or not. He could just be a skittish dragon.
 
Back
Top