• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Quick vegetable hamburger soup

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
Many soups require quite a bit of preparation. This one is quick, easy, and perfect for colder weather.

2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion
2 medium potatoes
6 cups mixed frozen veggies
1/2 large can tomato paste
Parmesan cheese
cayenne pepper
salt

In a large soup pot chop medium onion and ground beef, cook until beef is browned. Pour off fat.
While beef is browning, peel and chop potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.

Add to your soup pot 3 quarts water, the cubed potatoes, the veggies, and tomato paste. Add 1 generous tbsp cayenne and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
Serve in big ceramic soup bowls, top each serving with lots of Parmesan cheese and serve with homemade bread and butter.
 
Have you made this recipe Lucille? It looks like it would be good. I might have to try it.
 
Yes, I've made it, I go heavy on the cayenne.
One of the best purchases I've made in recent years is a large chest freezer for out in the garage. I'll make large pots of soup, or chili, or spaghetti sauce and then freeze it into serving size portions. This particular soup freezes very well.
I've also frozen some loaves of home made bread, so that if I'm doing something and don't want to cook I can have a home cooked meal instead of opening a can or buying fast food.
 
Extra cayenne sounds good, although everyone in the house won't like it that way. If I get a chance, I'm going to try it. That's a good idea having the freezer.
 
Back
Top