• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Recieved a weird email from upstate exotics

Donel

Constrictor Creations
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
58
Location
Michigan
Hi all just a heads up,recieved a weird email today from Upstate exotics,don't know why as I have never done business with them.But am nervous because I have read quite a bit of sketchy crap about them to say the least.The email didn't say much,but had their website info, a guy named Sal and IP adress etc...,anyway it had a zip file attached and of course because it was from a reptile co. and I have heard of Upstate,I was an idiot and opened it.Well,there was really nothing inside,so I sent a response to them asking them what the email meant,so I hope they somehow didn't get any important info of mine copied on the win zip(which I do not know if it is possible) but my computer started going haywire(probably a virus,which I hope it is all it was).Luckily I have GO Back so I did it and all seems ok,but I'm still pissed!So just a heads up.
 
Viruses commonly fake the "from" address. So the virus was sent from a computer that either had Upchuck's email addy in their address book or from someone that had viewed their website. That computer user probably doesn't even know their computer is infected. Such is the nature of computer viruses.
 
sounds like a virus

Klez will use email addresses in address book, or from cookies of websites. hope your anti virus is updated and running. should have caught it when you tried to open the zip.
 
Hi Guys,thanks alot for the info,I think you are right about it being a virus,because I just got another one from [email protected].
I think It's time to update my Norton antivirus!LOL!! Boy these people must have alot of time on their hands.Anyway,thanks to all who took their time to help me out,it is much appreciated.
 
hmmm...my norton antivirus IS updated...the message did get sent to my "suspect email" box tho...
 
Back
Top