• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Reptilian Dreams (Mike Greathouse) Okeetee

FunkyRes

Greenwich mockingbird
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
53
Location
Redding, CA
End of March I purchased an '06 male Abbott line Okeetee from Mike Greathouse.
I bought him as a mate for my little brothers generic '06 female Okeetee - but when I went down to visit, I brought my probes - and his girl that popped she at the show he bought her at is actually a he ... so I ended up keeping the beautiful corn that Mike produced.

He just shed a couple of days ago, the first time he's shed for me - but I just wanted to say how wonderful of a corn it is.

Temperament is outstanding, not surprising for corns - but it doesn't even tail rattle. It also is an outstanding feeder. I have a similar sized MBK that *usually* takes 2 F/T fuzzies but sometimes only decides to take 1 and stops eating a few days before visible signs of shedding.

I feed the MBK before I feed the Okeetee as the Okeetee always eats - this Okeetee even eats in blue. And it always eats right away. Put the fuzzies in with him and within seconds he's on them.

Anyway - I'm really happy with this corn, and I must admit I'm kind of glad my little brothers corn probed male. I never bothered owning a corn ever before, this one makes me wonder why I never did.

Thanks Mike for such an awesome Okeetee. Gorgeous as well.
 
Mike Greathouse. Great guy

:thumbsup: I have had several purchases from Mike and have been very happy with all. He is very professional, great products and always follows up after delivery. I will continue to do business with him. He cares about our hobby more than turning a profit. One of the few left that I think do it because of the love of animals more than his bottomline. I encourage everyone to try Mike once and see if what I say is true. You will not be disappointed. Thanks Mike
 
You can't go wrong with Mike Greathouse.

One of the "Good Guys" in the business for sure!!

Denny Rimes
 
Doesn't surprise me one bit. I have never had any transactions with Mike but I know him to be a very knowledgeable and responsible person. Keep up the good work, Mike.
 
I've done quite a bit of business with Mike, and he has some great animals!!

But more than that, Mike is one of the best people that you could ever hope to meet! or do business with! Mike is a true class act!
 
I have dealt with Mike many times, he is awesome all the way around. You can not ask for a better person in our hobby, bar-none!! :thumbsup:
 
When it comes to knowledge of his animals and his customer service Mike is one of the best. He is very professional and a great guy to deal with. We have purchased from him on several occasions and will not hesitate to in the future.
Jay & PJ
 
Never had the privledge of buying any of his animals but I've bought dry goods and he was spectacular. I'd not hesitate for a second to trust him & do business with him again.

Great guy.

Bill Bowers
 
I purchased a really nice red colored Columbian breeder female from him the transaction went flawless. He's a true professional i look forward to obtaining more boas from him in the future.
 
Oh wow - I didn't intend this to be a BOI thread - the business transaction was good.
I was just talking about how lovely of an animal it is - which goes beyond the business transaction, and is a testimony either to my luck at the corn I got - or the stock he has.

His business mannerism was certainly outstanding though, just like the corn he sold me :)
 
Awesome guy to deal with

I bought an 03 bloodred pair from Mike last year and here she is laying a nice healthy clutch of 14 eggs. The transaction was smooth, communication awesome, and the animals even better. Thanks Mike!
 

Attachments

  • 20070518bloodredeggs.JPG
    20070518bloodredeggs.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 187
Back
Top