• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Roach chow mixing proportions

aambumann

New member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Davenport, Iowa USA
Hi, I would like some advice on how to figure proportions for mixing home made roach chow. I have used other mixtures, including kitten chow, baby cereal, dehydrated milk and other grains but this time I was thinking of using 5lb. chicken mash for the base, and want to add bee pollen, dehydrated alfalfa powder, and spirulina, with possibly a vitamin and mineral mix. I will be feeding this to a colony of dubias, hissers,(the hissers are not used for feeders) and crickets for feeding bearded dragons. Any thoughts on how to figure how much pollen, alfalfa, and spirulina to add in order to keep things in the optimal range. I read an article from Repashy about him having to reformulate his "Bug Burger" product in order to lower the protien from 23% to 12% in order to prevent unexpected mortality rate of one of the beta roach colonies during testing, enough protein for crickets but not too much for roaches. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thank You.
 
Back
Top