• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Saharan Uro still not eating

aambumann

New member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Davenport, Iowa USA
I received the Uro ( young adult red male ) on 8-20-13, everything looked good and was eating properly. The seller had already treated for parasites before they were shipped. I received 4 of them, the red female is starting to show the same signs, but the yelow male and yellow female seem to be doing fine and eating. All the cages are similar and set up the same way. The red male is being housed in a Vision cage model #322 ( 36" wide - 23" deep - 21" high ) Uvb is a Zilla Slimline Desert 50 UVB T8 Fluorescent Fixture, and is 10-12 inches above his basking spot, cool end temp is 79F, warm end temp is 85F, basking temp 115F-130F depending where he chooses to lay on the 12"x12" slate tile, produced by a Sylvania 50w halogen spot par 30. He has 12 hour on and 12 hour off light schedule. He had been eating spring mix salad dusted with calcium and vitamins, ground 15 bean soup mix, universal blend bird seed, and millet.1 month later he stopped eating and started losing weight, after 4 days of not eating ( only weighing 86 grams ) I took him to the vet. On 9-24 he was given Baytril antibiotic, Panacur, Flagyl, and tube fed Science diet A&D canned food by the vet, and was sent home with Baytril to receive a shot once per day for 10 days. During this time I would occasionally soak him. On 10 -3 -13 he was not any better and had lost more weight ( weighing 79 grams ) I took him back to the vet, this time I had a stool sample to take along for a fecal test, which came back negative. The vet again treated him with Panacur, Flagyl, and Science Diet a&d canned food. Since then I have been tube feeding him with the Science Diet, yogurt for the live cultures, and infant Ensure for the easy digestibility. He still has a mix of greens, spring mix salad, 15 bean soup mix, universal blend bird seed and iguana pellets available daily with the occasional soak. He usually basks most of the day just laying there like he is sleeping and when he does move I find him in the warm side hide. The vet said there is not much more to do, except keep feeding him and hope he starts eating on his own again, he will eat or die. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or is there something I am missing. Just trying to keep him fed and hydrated for now.Thank You
 
Back
Top