• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

So, who is jumpin on the "mac snow" band wagon???

That was a bit of a surprise on the blazings that Prehistoric posted. I knew they were going to sell wholesale lots at $200 each but I didn't know they were going to offer them to the public so cheap. Oh well, lucky for me I went a different route and decided to work with the Bells.
 
jodi, i know john knows what he is doing he has in the reptile industry for a long time. i would just like to know a bit more about the background and history, from himself, before i spend any money.. hey if i see them and like them, once i have spoken with john i will buy some from him in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!! they are very cool indeed
 
I'd like to get some once the prices come down. I think that Steve Sykes of Geckos etc. has a male he'll be breeding and he does the California IRBA shows so I'll see how he's pricing his hets (if he decides to sell any). John Mack was also at Anaheim last year, if I recall correctly he was selling the hets for 750 and the supers for 1500, maybe they'll be cheaper this year. I just can't see spending 1200+ for het.
-Alice
 
Gregg M said:
Ok Chris, My name is not Gregory.... It is Gregg..... Now unfortunatly for you and fortunaly for me this is a public forum and I am free to speak my opinion if I wish..... I also do not need you wait for you to ask me to speak, so relax yourself..... Besides, didnt I start this thread????? No need to get snippy because you paid so much for an animal that will be a fraction of that price in a year or two..... Or are you alittle mad because some other breeder is selling BBs for 250 bucks???? LOL..... And YOU were the one that was crying about it...... Wa waaa waaaaa..... Someone crushed your little would be blazing blizzard project with the low prices..... Who cares???? That is the perfect example of what I was talking about with the prices shooting to the ground.... Thats the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it..... Dont be sad...... Thing will get better..... I promise.....LOL


I'm not too thrilled about Prehistoric Pets (not a breeder, per se... to my knowledge it is a joint venture with Mark and Kim Bell) and I happen to know people who are quite upset at what appears to be an attempt to drive prices down just before breeders are ready to come to market with them. Seems petty to me, but there could be another reason I'm simply not seeing.

I'm just glad that I chose the Bell Blazing route...



I would love to get a female snow.... not even a super snow, I would gladly settle for a female snow.
 
Its nothing to get upset about though.... When you are the first breeder/seller to have a certain morph in bulk, you pretty much set the market price...... Now I think (and I am NOT aiming this at most of you that post here) that the majority of the breeders/sellers that would be upset about this are the ones that were looking to make quick cash and get rich on the BB craze..... I guess some people were taught a valuable lesson..... Never bank on a market that is shakey at best..... I mean, just look at what the past has shown us..... Look at how much albinos, blizzards, Giants, jungles, jungle ablbinos, patternless, and patternless albinos were when they first hit the market..... The prices dropped dramaticly almost over night on all of them...... Living animals are not investments and it is sad when someone looks at them that way...... When you drop a ton of money on a morph, it is a race to see who can produce the most and a pretty big gamble...... People need to understand this and not cry when the prices are driven down.....
 
Steven, Just a side note for you.... I am also glad you went the bell route.... Kelli and yourself are doing great work with that strain...... You guys pretty much have the market cornered with the bell line..... And I would personally rather have a bell blazing than the ones that are up for sale for 250 bucks.....
 
shrap said:
Chris, congrats. Those sure are some beautiful animals. Are they even more stunning in person than they are in the pictures?

We own the "het" codom, not the actual "super" form. Still very impressive nonetheless... Tons of potential, especially the possibilities when crossing into others.. We cannot wait to see what pops up in the next few seasons. :)
 
Gregg M said:
Ok Chris, My name is not Gregory.... It is Gregg..... Now unfortunatly for you and fortunaly for me this is a public forum and I am free to speak my opinion if I wish..... I also do not need you wait for you to ask me to speak, so relax yourself..... Besides, didnt I start this thread????? No need to get snippy because you paid so much for an animal that will be a fraction of that price in a year or two..... Or are you alittle mad because some other breeder is selling BBs for 250 bucks???? LOL..... And YOU were the one that was crying about it...... Wa waaa waaaaa..... Someone crushed your little would be blazing blizzard project with the low prices..... Who cares???? That is the perfect example of what I was talking about with the prices shooting to the ground.... Thats the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it..... Dont be sad...... Thing will get better..... I promise.....LOL

I'm not upset at all about the tremper blazing project, we passed on that. We do have some double hets but no real investment in the project to speak of. I knew something like this would happen with them and again I was proven correct. The bell blazing project has much more potential.... We're hoping to produce a few this season with all luck. I was commenting on what others who have a great investment in the tremper line of blazings must be feeling. Save your childish antics and comments, I'm sure you're the only one finding them amusing.

As for the mack co-dom, I am not upset in the least. In fact, I would have paid even more. You have no idea what potential this holds for us in our current projects. Its more than obvious you know absolutely nothing about investment, and if you knew what we had in store for this line you'd be singing a different tune, trust me! I know the price will drop, its obvious. But timing is also important as well, especially when trying to produce something new. Its always nice to have a good head start.... That makes the investment worthwhile IMO. Then again you have no idea what we are currently working with, so I can't really "make" you understand, but I do see your point about price fluctuation, its obvious though. Thanks.
 
And also Gregg, people would not have to worry about prices plummeting so quickly if the people who worked with them werent out to simply mass produce them and corner a market. We have no intention of mass-producing, our interest in the mack was not to profit from the new line, but to see what potential it could hold for us in other projects. Of course having a co-dom snow line is fabulous, but banking on that alone would be silly, not to mention quite stupid.
 
I was commenting on what others who have a great investment in the tremper line of blazings must be feeling.

Yeah no kidding, I know I would be quite the pissed off customer if just a month or two before had paid $1000 each for a pair. The same thing happened with the blizzards, one year they were $1000 each, the very next year they were $300 each.. it's the way of the leo market and I have seen it happen over and over and over. Another good example would be the Tremper Giants, $1000 one year $150 the very next year. The only morphs that I have actually seen increase or at least hold their value year after year has been the selectively bred tangerine/carrot tails. And of course they get better each year so that has a lot to do with it.
 
blazings

im not so sure there is a blazing "craze " . maybe to produce them . but i just dont see too many buying blazing blizzards for over a 1000 dollars . maybe that is why they lowered the price ? besides they are babies . probably have an abundance of males . now genetic snows , that is where the potential is at . were talking about creating at least 10 new morphs (probably more im not thinking of right now ) .. the price is high , but there is ALOT that can be done w/ the SSs . what can you do w/ blazing blizzards ? besides produce more , or selectively breed them to be white ,like we thought they would be . i agree w/ chris ! the money is no object , to have got into that project early IMO
 
Chris, in my post to you, some of the content could be looked at as childish, but you comments to me in the post before that were childish as well..... I just give what I get...... You really need to reflect back on yourself and look at your maturity level when you cant read a post you do not like, without telling someone their opinions are not welcomed..... These are my opinions based of fact...... And I know plenty about investments..... Anyway, I am not knocking anyone for trying to make an "investment" But like I said, dont cry when it falls out or when prices drop...... And do not try to sugar coat your intentions with these mac snows..... Its all about the cash..... Ofcorse there is nothing wrong with wanting to make money breeding reptiles, but atleast be honest about it..... You want to make as much money on a "new morph" as fast as you can, before the market takes a nose dive...... Again, there is not one thing wrong with this...... I, personally, do not buy into it....

For the people that invested a ton of cash into the tremper BBs, all I can say is, you should have known better...... Why am I not upset about these price drops???? Because I do what I do because I enjoy it, not so I can make a ton of quick cash...... If I break even by selling neonates I would be happy.... If I never break even, I am still just as happy.... Hey, I have spent alot of cash on leos, but I never looked at them as investments..... I bought them because I liked what I saw..... You know what I am going to do when I start to produce BBs???? I am going to sell them for 150 bucks each..... LOL..... The only people that will care are those who are looking to get rich on leos......
 
Ok

30 morphs my bad (thought about it for a minute) we have
snow albino X3
super snow albino X3
snow blizzard
super snow blizzard
snow blazing X3
super snow blazing X3
patternless snow
patternless super snow
snow PAs X3
super snow PAs X3
hypo snow
super hypo snow
hypo super snow
super hypo super snow
giant snow
giant super snow
giant snow albino
giant super snow albino
did i cover them all yet ? LOL
now how is the price going to drop that fast ?
 
The only people that will care are those who are looking to get rich on leos......

Or perhaps those of us that actually just look to make a supplimental income after a decade of working with them, huh. Yeah, we might care too. But I am not too worried about all that stuff really; there is more to being successful and able to sell your geckos than producing a particular morph someone covets. A whole lot more in fact.

*note* You can make a good amount of money breeding leos and still love working with them.

Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that a lot of people do not understand that. But it is true, in a few of us.
 
snow albino X3
super snow albino X3

Ok, I agree that the super snow albinos will be neat, mainly because of the eyes. The snow albinos will not be anything special will they? Other than hets for the super form?

snow blizzard
super snow blizzard

Hmm, not sure that the snow blizzard would look any different than a regular one, would it? A super snow blizzard might be nice because it MIGHT make the blizzards whiter, and it MIGHT have solid black eyes.

snow blazing X3
super snow blazing X3

Same as for blizzard except eyes would be pink or red.

patternless snow
patternless super snow

Ok, now how is the snow going to do anything for the patternless? Except with the eyes. Maybe I am missing something, it happens sometimes, so explain!

snow PAs X3
super snow PAs X3

See above on patternless.

hypo snow
super hypo snow
hypo super snow
super hypo super snow

I can't see how combining the snow or super snow to a hypo would do anything cool. Eventually you are going to end up with a super hypo. Oh yeah, the eyes...

giant snow
giant super snow
giant snow albino
giant super snow albino

The giant snows will look exactly like the others, only a bit larger, right? And the Giant albinos will look just like the regular ones, but a little bigger?

Please someone explain to me what I am not understanding about this morph! Yes I think it will be cool in the albino form but I do not see how combining with the other morphs is going to produce anything that special or different. I honestly don't!
 
well ...

just have to wait and see what happens kelli . theres a few of those i wouldnt even try. just possibilities . do i ever want to see a patternless super snow ? NO ! or a baldy ? well Maybe ! just something to play with the way i see it . a few of the combos could end up looking the same (solid white ) . who knows ? well the "het"-form doesnt look very "normal" or plain . i think there will be some differences between the snow and super-snow combinations . what do you think will happen ? w snow X stripe ?
 
Yeah, I agree it would be fun to find out. And please, no one think I am knocking the Mack snows or saying they are not a good morph to get into or whatever. I truly just do not see all that much potential, even if they do end up being a true axanthic, which I don't believe has been proven yet, or has it? Maybe Alex or Jodi can shed some light on that, I don't know.
 
what do solid black eyes look like

when combined w/ albino genes ? what color is beneath the black ? hmmmm
 
Back
Top