• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

SOP after buying a pet at an expo?

dkennedy4

New member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Tucson, AZ
I am going to a reptile show tomorrow with the intention of buying a snake if they have what I am looking for. I want to check out the whole show regardless. If I find what I am looking for early on, is the expectation that I carry it around for an hour? Is it precedented to purchase an animal and come back for it later? Is there some system of calling dibs implemented by sellers? Am I meant to wait till the end of my attendance and just hope availability is unchanged? Is it considered best practice just to call it a day after making a purchase?

As an aside, vendors will typically accept $100 bills, right?

Thanks in advance. If you have any other relevant tips you think would be helpful, please let me know.
 
Hundreds are typically fine.

Buying early and asking the vendor to hold until you're ready to leave is common, and is a good practice. Vendors will happily put your name on the animal and hold it under the table.
 
Back
Top