• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Squid Games on Netflix

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
Violent yet mesmerizing, cruelty, greed and self preservation mixed with people genuinely helping those in need, uncomfortably like parts of real life. Unexpected ending. Fast becoming the most watched Netflix show. Possibly may become the most watched new show in the world, IDK.
I quickly binged my way through, and am now watching Alice in Borderland, also part of the violent game genre.
 
Finished the season of Alice, would be glad to hear about your Netflix faves.
 
Heck, I dropped Netflix a couple of years ago when they raised the prices. They kept on cancelling series that I was partway through watching, or had marked to watch later, and I found their progression towards their own generated content quite lacking in quality and interest. Not to mention that many times their servers would fail while watching something. So I decided I could live without them.

A few months ago I took a look at their current offerings, thinking maybe they had changed for the better, but not so much, so I declined to renew the service.
 
Not netflix but You Tube TV and HBO Max. We had satellite tv but I have not watched tv in years. Not news, shows or sports. Wife said we pay too much and asked me to research. I went with Youtube TV and bought a wireless tv for her upstairs. All local channels and tons of other stuff for $50 a month.

I had heard about Game of Thrones and Sapranos which I thought I'd like. HBO Max is a $15 a month add on to youtube tv so got that. With HBO you get first run movies by Warner Brothers free the same day they hit theaters. Watching Cry Macho by Clint Eastwood this weekend.

Both Game of Thrones and Sapranos is excellent. The acting and direction is just awesome. Each episode ends with a cliff hanger that makes you want to just start up next one.

I am hard of hearing so I use my ipad and headphones and I am once again enjoying watching shows.
 
Back
Top