• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Tarahumara boas

Joined
Apr 14, 2016
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Grovetown Georgia
I am buying 1.1 Tarahumara boas from a guy that I met at a local show a few weeks back and he said that the male Tarahumara is a leopard het Albino and the female is het leopard and albino. He is asking for $700 for both and they are both yearlings as well. My question is, do these snakes have those morphs and if so is $700 a reasonable price.

PS. At work now will post pictures of the snake when I get off.

Thank you very much!

The New Repti Keeper
 
I work with Tarahumaras. I've seen Tarahumara/Sonoran and Tarahumara/Leopard available.

As far as I know there is no albino morph for this locality - though I would love to be wrong, because the orange/peach of a Tarahumara in an albino would make for an awesome looking critter.

Did the seller state the line of albino? If not you need to ask, because Kahl, Sharp, T+, etc. are all associated with the larger, non-dwarf BCI which means he's selling crosses. You would also need the albino line if you wanted to pair them with other albinos as the lines are not compatible.

Is your intent to eventually breed them? If you do bear in mind the offspring may be a tough sell, as people who work with locality boas want pure lines and not crosses, unless you're focusing solely on the pet owner market.
 
Back
Top