• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Taramahara boa mix

Joined
Apr 14, 2016
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Grovetown Georgia
I just picked up a pair of taramahara mix male is leopard stripe 100% het albino and the female is 100% het albino and leopard. They will be a year in September. My question is what should feeding schedule be if I hope to breed, I don't want to power feed them but I also would like them to be up to weight the soonest possible.
 
For feeding treat them as any other BCI. Up to a year old I feed every 7-10 days. For juveniles I take their age, add one, and feed that interval in weeks (so a one year old eats every two weeks, a two year old eats every three weeks, etc).

Once they reach adulthood feed monthly. The hard part is in not giving them a feeder that's too large, it's all too easy to think of them as being young/still growing due to their diminutive size.

I have 1.2 2013's and I don't plan to start pairing them until the 2017 season, when they have all passed four years old. I know some people breed their boas younger than that but I prefer that mine be fully mature. Unlike ball pythons weight/size isn't as much of a limiter as age is, and power feeding a boa just makes it fat and shortens its life.
 
Thank you!! I don't want to power feed as the male is an amazing animal and I can't wait to see him as an adult. Feeding seems about right I was leaning to feeding every 7 days but did not know how much when they get older.

This is my first pair of boas, I have only kept ball pythons.

Super excited to see them as they get older!!
 
Back
Top