• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Inquiry Tri Reptiles?

Snake Charmed

Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Anniston, AL
Has anyone ever dealt with them? They have a Spider ball python female that I'm interested in, but I can't find any feedback. Any info about personal experiences would be greatly appreciated! :)
 
Alfredo is an awesome person to deal with. I have done business with him for nearly ten years and have never had a bad transaction with him. I literally have done thousands of dollars in business with him. He used to own a company called Xtreme Reptiles.
 
Alfredo.. Filed for Bankruptcy when he owned Xtreme Reptiles a few years ago.. Nothing wrong with that, the guy got in over his head. It happens in business. He re-opened immediately under Tri Reptiles and started business as usual.. Okay still no problem.

The problem is that he filed bankrutpcy to escape his debt to all his vendors and exporters. He stiffed us and then carried on business as usual. Simply changed the Company name. Even his Pricelist is the same.. Talk about a spit in the face..Hiding behind Bankruptcy doesnt make it right. If you want to file and go out of business fine. If you want to wait a number of years and start up again maybe even thats fine but to do it only to start right back up again to avoid debts is fraud in my book. I am still out the money along with many others..
 
Alfredo has always treated me fairly and with great respect. I've bought tens of thousands of dollars in animals from him over the years. I know he filed for bankruptcy, which I believe was the result of a very nasty divorce. It happens. I can't really speak on that. All I know is that my weekly purchases from him have been easy, pleasant and there's never been a problem
 
Ken, I am glad you have enjoyed his animals. If you have buying from him for years no doubt you received some of the animals we sold him that he never payed us (any many others) for. Actually I shouldnt use the word sold as that implies actually making a transaction and getting paid. Maybe the word unintentionally donated is more appropriate.
If he went through a divorce and thats why he filed bankruptcy okay, but if he is going to continue in the same business he should pay his vendors and say that the bankruptcy was only used as a legal tool during the divorce. Instead he hid behind it to avoid his debts.. Ken, I have nothing against you and I do not know you I am sure you are a good guy but you do understand that at some point you indirectly supported his behavior and in effect bought stolen merchandise..
 
I get a weekly list, I pick what I want off it, I call them, they send me the animals and I pay for them. I was just stating that I've never had a problem with Alfredo or the animals I bought from him. I tried to help out with a possible explanation, but that is really none of my business. I had no idea he owed anyone money, and still only have your word that he does. I'm sorry if he has not taken care of you, but I had none of this information until you said so here. If it's true. Which it may or may not be. I'm not going to get into it, as I don't have enough information to give an informed judgement one way or the other. Take care.
 
Ken This is not an attack on you. Simply I was making a point. I am not teling you that you bought stolen animals. I am not telling you that you should feel guilty about who you buy from..I am sure you had no idea and how could you.... Has anyone ever bought from you though and not paid bounced a check et.. How did you feel about it. Would you like it that that person re sold and profited from the stolen animals.... Its no secret the guy stiffed a ton of over seas suppliers and other importers here. Ask around or there may even be info on the BOI about it. Turn a blind eye if you want. I might also if I was in your situation, however I am not happy about getting stiffed for 1000's of dollars and I think people wanting to buy from him should know that.. Once again this is not an attack on you personally or your choice on who to buy from.. Only the FACT of what has happened to me and others and I will let people form there own opinion.. thx
 
get your facts in line

First of all If Robert Morris is your real name in Miami, then I will have to remind you of the caiman you failed to pay xtreme reptiles for in 2007. Funny you speak of stealing animals when you are the one who has done so. Last time I asked you for the money you claimed you had to sell it to your friend in south Carolina. See that’s the thing about me, I don’t forget the people I owe money too, nor the ones who owe me. Didn’t I have to fire you for doing drugs while you were at work? I guess when you get fired and owe money talking lies is all you have left. Second of all Mr. Morris get your facts straight, xtreme reptiles has never gone into bankruptcy. Xtreme reptiles was placed in court ordered receivership and liquidation. To my knowledge Ms. Corine oltz(the court appointed receiver) Sold my collection worth approx. $200,000 for about $40,000. She paid off all vendors except for 3. One of which I have already paid off and the other 2 I currently have payment arrangements with. If anyone wishes to see the court documents I still have all 1800 pages of it. Thirdly I alfredo veloso have not opened any other companies. I do not own tri reptiles. I could have asked 1,000s of satisfied customers to come on here and post positive feedback, but honestly after 20 years in this business I rather not waste anyone's time. Lastly thank you ken and Jason for coming on here to silence this fool.

Alfredo Veloso
Manager
Tri Reptiles
PS J.S. you should have picked a better name to use
 
I may not be as well known as Ken, but I have been doing business with Alfredo for years also, even before I was part of GBU Enterprises. I continue to do business with him. I do recomend him any who ask. He is a great guy in my books.
Naomi Berry
GBU Enterprises
 
Alfredo, I have never worked for you bought or sold caiman with you or done drugs at your shop. You are thinking of the wrong person..
If you want to call it a receivership that is fine. A judge placed your business under receivership because you werent paying your Mortgage or the person you bought the business from asked the judge to place you in receivership. There are many reasons a business is placed under a receivership but the main thing is because you aren't paying your bills. Also, if everything was settled why change the name.?. You can use the title "manager" all you like and maybe somehow you hide behind that so your assets wont be seized further but we all know you are the owner of Tri..

You say you only owe three people. Please do not not try and fool me. I can name at least 6. The guy in Malaysia that wired you money. Remember him.. Thats one..

Anyway, I am really not mad at you. I know you tried to be big time too fast and you got in over your head. It happens and the courts and laws in this country have ways to protect businesses and people who go under. I Understand.. However, what p's me off is that you go on and conduct business like nothing happened and just dismiss the people you owe money too. You made a mistake a few years back it happens. I understand but you still have to understand people you didnt pay are going to still be upset. Receivership, bankruptcy, whatever. I didnt get paid along with others and your going on with business as usual.. I have a right not to be happy about it. Yes we know you have 100's of satisfied customers. Many of the animals you sold to them came from me and others. I know those animals are good. your customers should be happy but not the vendors you stiffed...
 
Risks of doing business....

While I myself have also been on the receiving end of a business going under, I understood that when I decided to do business this was always a risk I took. I too was unhappy about not getting paid as you too should be, but at the end of the day there isn't much I, or you could have done. The bottom line is Alfredo has done nothing illegal or from a technical stance immoral. Bankruptcy and other forms of legal business closings are in place for many reasons. Businesses do this every day, and many of them re-open under new management or under new business names. It's a part of doing business. While I'm sure you don't know everything that took place with in his business, and nor should you, he has gotten a fresh start. I will tell you and everyone this, I know Fred well enough to know that if he truly owes you money, he is as good as his word. He has never done anything to make me question or second guess his business ethics. He has even gone to bat for me in certain situations.

The initial question in this thread was, "Is he a good business man?" The answer to that in my opinion is absolutely. As far as I'm concerned he's one of the good guys in this business, he ranks up with those such as Michael Cole.
 
Jason, I respect your opinion and agreed with you untill you said He is a good business man. He went out of business hid behind the shadow of Bankruptcy, stiffed me and many others. This is not a good business man.. Does he have good animals. Probably. If you order something will he send it probably if you are in the USA. If you want to sell him something. GET PAID first so this, "risk" Jason talks about is eliminated. I would NEVER ever sell Alfredo something without getting paid first and would advise everyone else in this world not to either. The "risk" of him going out of business or something happening is too "risky"..
 
Back
Top