• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Trouble Getting Past Third...

Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hey everybody. I just picked up a beautiful virgin female Pastel to pair with my Mojave male. Every time I put them together she winds up deficating in the enclosure, no-matter if I put them in his or hers. I've got two normal girls for him to breed as well, but I was hoping to get some double co-dom action going on this season. Should I be concerned about this, or just keep putting them together and hope she realizes what they are really supposed to be doing? Thanks for looking.
 
Don't sweat the messes that they both will make when paired. One thing I will mention though is quarantine. I only bring this up because you said that you "just picked up the female pastel". If you're not familiar with what to do, there's a lot of info all over this site. It's a very important step to protect your animals (both your established animals from the new, and vice-versa). Good luck with them!!
 
What a lot of sellers don't/won't tell you is "when you move a female they won't always breed for you that season".
It is more common than not for a female to evacuate before allowing the male to breed her.

If you Just bought the pastel hopefully you quarantined her.
 
Yeah, we QT'd her. Thanks for the concern. I guess I made it sound like I just got her and threw her in with my boy. I just haven't bred balls before, and was wondering if we should be concerned. Once she evacuates, she keeps her tail held up, so I was thinking she might actually be receptive. Thanks again everybody. I'll keep at it.
 
Tail wagging can be up down or horizontal....they wag it just like a happy puppy.
 
Yeah, we QT'd her. Thanks for the concern. I guess I made it sound like I just got her and threw her in with my boy. I just haven't bred balls before, and was wondering if we should be concerned. Once she evacuates, she keeps her tail held up, so I was thinking she might actually be receptive. Thanks again everybody. I'll keep at it.

Just making sure, as a lot of people that are new to this hobby do not know about quarantine. Sounds like she's pretty receptive. Good luck!
 
Back
Top