• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Twins or runt??

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
So this is what we found today. I opened the eggs 2 days ago, day 55. I couldn't really see things in this particular egg until today. We opened the container to see the smallest snake this season sticking out of its egg.

So... any thoughts??

The egg is split about 50/50, super small snake and the other half big yolk sack.

What do you think?

1. Major runt who didn't absorb their sack?
2. Major runt with with dying undeveloped twin?
3. other?

The sack is so big, that if it belongs to the runt, I expect the runt to most likely die.

I realize I will figure the answer out in a couple days myself, but until then, any thoughts?? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 212
Interesting. My short answer is I don't know, but the snake looks otherwise fine, just small. I'd be really curious to see what is left in the egg when he finally crawls out. I'm guessing that's a bee?
 
Vanessa, I am interested to know as well what will become of this. Yes, it is the smallest Bee we ever have hatched (or will possibly hatch?)
 
It also looks like the side of the egg with that mass of something is moldy. That would suggest part of the egg died and was rotting.
 
You might be on to something David. The part that throws me off is the "mass" still has live looking veins. It doesn't look hard?
 
Update...

She is out of her egg, has been for a while and going into shed, I forgot to update. Whatever the mass to her side was, it never seemed to affect her besides her small size. She crawled out 2 days after I originally started the post.

There is always hope, even if the odds seem otherwise....

Also, 22g. Not as small as the 10g one that is posted, but still small.
 

Attachments

  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 106
Good luck little one! I know that a lot of ruts seem to grow faster and after a few months you can't even pick out the runt.
 
We will see how this plays out Lauren and hopefully she turns out like your mentioned:yesnod: Thanks!
 
Back
Top