• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

What are we? Quiz for all.

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Hi Fauna,

Ok, I just had my last clutch shed yesterday. The quiz is what do you think they are?? I of course have my own guesses, but I am not 100% sure on a couple of them. Thanks!

1.___________?
2.___________?
3.___________?
4.___________?
5.___________?
6.___________?
7.___________? (totally different clutch, same father in both cases though)
 

Attachments

  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 108
  • group 2.jpg
    group 2.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 110
Ill play.

1 - pastel lucy
2 - pastel butter
3 - pastel butter
4 - butter
5 - pastave
6 - pastave
7 - lemon pastel butter
 
I agree with Kelly 100% but #6 needs a better pic though to tell whether pastave or butter pastel (looks pastave from limited view though) and the lucy there's really no way to tell what other genetics it might be carrying until you test breed.
 
Number 5 & 6 look exactly alike, so whatever #5 is, than #6 is the same.

Thanks Kelly & Dustin... your guesses are exactly what I thought/hoped others would say too. I have never produced a "mojave" before, so I needed to know if those where "pastaves" or not. Also needed to know the Pastel Butter vs. Lemon Pastel Butter.

So obviously the BEL is (Butter x Mojo), but it also could hide the "Pastel" gene in it too (not visible). So would it be fair/accurate to label it as:

Possible Pastel BEL (Pastel Butter x Mojo) ????

THANKS!:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
6 is def a pastave. I've hatched out plenty of pastel butters and that looks pastave to me :D

I agree about the lucy part too. No real way to tell if its pastel or not til ya test breed. Wish there was a better way to tell, eye color or a slight pattern showing. :/
 
Great on all accounts!

I would hate to buy or sell something that was mis-represented. Thank you both again!
 
Last edited:
I recently watched a video, I BELIEVE from NERD, about BEL's that have other genes. Get yourself a black light, and look at your BEL with just the black light on. They had a BEL Spider that only looked like a BEL...'til the black light showed the pattern. Would be interesting to see.
 
That would be pretty sweet if it worked. I will actually try it. I could see someone being able to pick up the spider "pattern". Hope I can see something that sets it off as a Pastel?? I'll try to hunt down that video. Thanks Matt!
 
1. BEL
2. Pastel Butter
3. Pastel Butter
4. Butter
5. Pastel Mojave
6. Pastel Mojave
7. Super Pastel Butter

I thought #5 and #6 were just Pastels at first, but their patterns are too wacky and they seem too bright of yellow to be just Pastels. (Though, they're eye-bleeding INSANE if they're just Pastels!)
 
Back
Top