• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

What size Flexwatt would be best?

aambumann

New member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Davenport, Iowa USA
I am building my first snake (corn) enclosure and was wondering what size Flexwatt heat tape would be best to use. I am using a wooden T.V. armoire as a base and redesigning the front of the cabinet using melamine to include the use of sliding glass doors. My enclosure will contain 3 individual spaces for snakes. The measurements of each individual area are, 36" wide, 20" deep, and 14" tall. Would I use the 11" and cut it around 20" to cover one end of the space, from front to back, leaving 25" of the space not covered to create the hot side. Or would the 3" or 4" be a better choice? Do I even need to run the Flexwatt the total depth of the space, (20") or say could I use 12" and put it at one end in the middle of the 20" depth? Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. Thank You for looking.
 
probably better off using using bulbs or radiant heat panels. Since it sounds like the flex watt would need to be inside the cage.
 
Back
Top