• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Why do people....... More.....

im thinking it was just an educated guess, I dont think they could put a date on the day earth became a real planet. well everyone thanks for the great conversation , i wish this site had more of this!
-Yeah actually this was real nice. I end up trying to talk to my wife or even call up my family, and I end up doing all the talking. Its like you know they are making fun of you behind the phone...lol. Its nice to hear different views, and educated defenses of there statements.
 
I read the article. It's is to bad he did that. It tends to give me and other "evolutionists" bad names. Its kind of like, that person who was feeding cats and dogs to his python. It tends to leave a foul taste in many peoples mouths about herp owners.
Jim
 
Tripple H Herps said:
Maybe they are missing the part that controls emotions, simply because there brain is to simple & the emotions they feel are to simple to even need a specialized part. Rather it is enabled in the part that contains instinct/actions?? Keep in mind, only birds surpass reptiles as to being closer to the Dinosaurs on the evolutionary chain.......

Do I think your statement is stupid???? Not at all.... Infact I agree with you for the most part..... The thing I am having trouble with would be the statement about emotions and instinct being in the same part of the brain....
That would mean that humans have taken a huge leap backwards on the evolutionary scale..... Here is my theory why....LOL..... Animals and people evolve to be more advanced or suited for life with the least amount of biological cost..... Now what I mean by biological cost, I mean the least amount of tissue mass..... Now if a brain can be real small and be able to control functions of emotion and instinct in the same part of the brain, would it not occur to you that the more advanced you were the smaller your brain would be???? This is clearly not the case..... The bigger your bain is or the more sections of the brain you have the more advanced you are in most cases..... I hope I made scence in my ramblings....LOL
 
Oh and I happen to believe that dinos were not reptiles at all..... There is really nothing reptilian about them.... Infact there have been some species of dinos that have been found with feathers...... And like Vince has pointed out, their skeletons are much more bird like than reptilian like.....
 
That would mean that humans have taken a huge leap backwards on the evolutionary scale..... Here is my theory why....LOL..... Animals and people evolve to be more advanced or suited for life with the least amount of biological cost..... Now what I mean by biological cost, I mean the least amount of tissue mass..... Now if a brain can be real small and be able to control functions of emotion and instinct in the same part of the brain, would it not occur to you that the more advanced you were the smaller your brain would be???? This is clearly not the case..... The bigger your bain is or the more sections of the brain you have the more advanced you are in most cases..... I hope I made scence in my ramblings....LOL
-Very true. I did in fact think that the smaller the brain was with even more specialized parts for more things would be in fact more advanced. However I also said my reasoning would be hard to explain by typing. I came to my "theory" with the thought of very very simple "emotions" playing into roles that are characterized by actions according to an outside stimuli. Another words, what we as humans see as emotions, a reptile might feel as well. However the way it is delivered in the brain might be different from other animals. For instance, my bearded dragon. Now the bearded lost its color when I was gone and brightened up when I was there. The animal MIGHT have seen me as a care provider, the person that feeds it, gives it water..etc. When not seeing me, it thought it lost its feeding privileges?? This kind of “reaction” in the brain would be much simpler then getting “sad” however in essence it would still be getting “sad” just in a more primitive form. I.E. emotions that are characterized and expressed in simple actions and thought patterns rather then true “emotions.” Now I can’t say the bearded is a perfect example of what I am trying to say, but it is something that people can relate with in order to understand the goal of all my rambling..lol
 
1st off.. I hate that when you respond to something and there are 2 or 3 more pages you didn't see and your answer falls in somewhere that the main topic has just disappeared!

2nd off... just to see the response...

If humans evolved from monkeys and apes... why are there still monkeys and apes?
 
Tripple H Herps said:
For instance, my bearded dragon. Now the bearded lost its color when I was gone and brightened up when I was there. The animal MIGHT have seen me as a care provider, the person that feeds it, gives it water..etc. When not seeing me, it thought it lost its feeding privileges?? This kind of “reaction” in the brain would be much simpler then getting “sad” however in essence it would still be getting “sad” just in a more primitive form. I.E. emotions that are characterized and expressed in simple actions and thought patterns rather then true “emotions.”
Yes! that's what I mean when I say "simple emotions". If I say my leos "like" me, I mean they feel relatively secure about being handled by me and they associate me with positive things like getting fed. If you don't want to call those things "emotions", then we're all just arguing over semantics I guess.
 
the conversation did take a strange turn , but it was good conversation!

i dont know anything about evolution, but did you check out that link I posted??
 
1st off.. I hate that when you respond to something and there are 2 or 3 more pages you didn't see and your answer falls in somewhere that the main topic has just disappeared!
-Me?? I just do not see where that happend? Are you just trying to pick a fight? No one made this thread fall off topic, it just did.

If humans evolved from monkeys and apes... why are there still monkeys and apes?
-I will not talk religion with you. I just find that a matter that does not need to be discussed on a reptile forum. HUMANS did NOT evolve from monkeys and apes. That is a misunderstanding. Humans evolved from a special group of ape like creatures that fall under the genus name (homo). The apes that around today went thru evelution as well. This is becouse they were not the same animals that humans evolved from.
Jim
 
Montezuma,
Were you the person who got in an argument with me involving the existence of socialism in Europe? If that was the case, then I was not the person who took the thread off topic. It was YOU. In fact you were the one who brought up the inflammatory responses that made it so we drifted into an argument. If we both have two different personalities, I would prefer to leave it out of the discussion forums. It can not be good for business for either of us, if we bicker over our differences. I know that I certainly don't want to look like a bickering fool. As for this discussion, I found it very interesting. As I find learning and knowledge (even if I am proven wrong) to be of the highest necessity and interest.
 
Pretty testy... someone crap in your Wheaties? Did I point the finger at you for something?

This isn't about religion. Its about simple facts that have been proven time and time again however scientists (who are paid BIG money) try to concoct (sp?) new ways to demonstrate your point. Just for a couple of examples...
Piltdown man.... HOAX, ape bones were treated with chemicals to make it look aged.
Nebraska man... a tooth was found but ended up being from a pig
There are many more if you'd like for me to continue. There is also proof humans were around in the same period as dinosaurs and they were homo sapiens. Why is it "evolution" stopped 10,000 years ago?
 
Pretty testy... someone crap in your Wheaties? Did I point the finger at you for something?
-You’re a friendly guy I can tell... Why is it that all the people that do not believe in evolution find it so serious when a different person does?? I respect whatever faith it is you have. I respect them all. You can be Muslim, Buddhist, whatever. I respect your for your beliefs, culture, life and what not. However every time I talk to another religious person about what I believe, I am ridiculed??? It just does not make sense. I believe in god, does this make me a hypocrite, maybe?? However I am proud to be one if thats the case!

This isn't about religion. Its about simple facts that have been proven time and time again however scientists (who are paid BIG money) try to concoct (sp?) new ways to demonstrate your point. Just for a couple of examples...
-The simple facts have been proven time and time again that we in fact did evolve. What are your sources, your church?? There is no evidence stating that humans were around during the dinos time. Even if we were, it would be another species of man. Yes some people have done stupid things. However so have the religious people as well. Right down to killing people for not believing the earth was round!!...lol
Jim
 
Jim, once again you have some serious issues with religion and I have never brought up religion, in fact I haven't been to church in almost 14 years! Then what gets me is you back out of a debate and say you don't wanna do it in your business name!
I was not the person who took the thread off topic. It was YOU.
Umm... hey buddy, look a couple of pages back... I didn't post anything for quite a bit on this subject, you did.
Vince, I will see if I can find the supporting evidence for you. It was here in AZ up near the navajo nation (4 corners area). I believe it was dino bones and human near each other and there were also a kids footprints somewhere up north AZ supporting the same time frame.
 
as a matter of fact i belive it more like dinos were younger then they first thought, not that humans lived millions of years ago, but dinosaurs lived more around the time as the suspected first humans.
 
Back
Top