• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Why do people....... More.....

We are DEVO!!!

De-evolution is a word. it is the theory that the band DEVO is based on. Somethin' about man de-evolving back to apes. I'm pretty sure they took the concept from an actual theory proposed by a college professor of thiers. I believe that is what I had heard. but I could be completely wrong so don't quote me on that. "Q. Are we not men? A. We are DEVO!"
 
LOL...I couldn't tell ya about that trevor....

At any rate...color can make a big difference in the ease of life...animals in the wild generally tend to evolve either to match their environment, or to stand out as a warning. A good example of evolution involving color is the moths from...I think somewhere in Great Britain....they were originally white, but smoke from a factory made all the bark on the trees where the moths lived black and grey...after a few years the moths in the area were all black and grey because the ones of that color survived better because they were harder for predators to pick off.

As far as "de-evolution" ...color variations and such in captivity I wouldn't call de-evolution...it just doesn't follow wild evolutionary "rules." In the wild evolution generally occurs for a species to better suite its environment...in captivity their environment allows for a much more broad phenotypic variance and so the animals evolve with more variance.
 
but it is safe to say , in captivity natural selection is thrown out the window as far as evolution goes. and breeders tend to reproduce abnormalitys in the gene pool.
 
Pointless thread IMO

Most people love their pets, wheather it be reptiles or dogs. If loving a reptile means that it gets better attention and care, I'm all for it. I don't hug my reptiles like my dog, but I care for them the same way. People who have pets are generally loving people and there is nothing wrong in wanting to see that love returned. I have many geckos that love to get out of there cages and roam around on my arms and shoulders. Sure maybe it is instincts and they just like the warmth of my body, but then again who's to say that reptiles don't have a small amount of feelings. Reptiles run and bite when they are startled, who's to say that for 100% that its pure instinct and not actually a fear emotion. I'm not saying they do or dint have emotions, I cant read their little minds. Can You ?
 
Why do people....

I know my ball python has this thing going on where he doesnt like men. He has even bitten my husband a few times. He will only let women hold him. Its wierd. I know my snake is a male maybe he can smell the whole man thing. Hes territorial I guess. But this also brings us back to instinct. I agree though reptiles don't show emotion.
 
oh great

I didn't even look at the original date, I just saw that there was a new post and started reading WOW I feel Dumb. LOL
Kristy :bolt01:
 
Why feel dumb ? It clearly stats in the forum rules..Please utilize the SEARCH function as much as possible before starting a new thread (topic line). In many instances, it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity.
 
Grendalar said:
Why feel dumb ? It clearly stats in the forum rules..Please utilize the SEARCH function as much as possible before starting a new thread (topic line). In many instances, it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity.
He got ya there! And me...LOL

But some people post questions that were already asked because they mold better and are more personal.
 
LOL I stooped at page 14 and jumped to the end to find out what was new. 70+ pages, man that was one long discussion about reptiles emotions, maybe we should be talking about our emotions that caused it to be such a long thread. LOL
 
lol yeah i read a little of it then also skiped to the last page. lol why would you be so emotional to care about if other people think geckos have emotions? Don't care....my geckos have emotions because i want them too! and because i am a dork!
 
HOLY CRAP!!!

This thread is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going, and going, AND GOING!!!!

It started off as a thread on anthropomorphism and drifted into behavioral and instinct discussions, which then somehow drifted into dinsours and evolution, and religion. This of coarse sparked an inevitable debate over the two subjects and has continued for most of the remaining thread. I stopped reading somewhere on page 50-something.

Now i am not going to start any arguments, and if what i say does insult anyone DEAL WITH IT, thats life, sometimes you have to eat the :censored: your given.

Life is full of mysteries, some of which we will never understand. Our origin is not something that can be immediately proven without further evidence. So arguing over something this controversial in reality is just meaningless. Humans will always disagree, that is our NATURE, our INSTINCT! We all have our beliefs and we all stand by them with an iron will. This is why no one will ever agree, regardless of the fantasies we all have of a harmonious world where everyone gets along.

Although i wish a world like this could exist, it will not, that is human nature. Believe me i respect everyone and i wish that everyone would just get along and be happy. I rarely if ever try to make anyone mad intentionally. But seriously people simmer down and just let it go. That's life just deal with it.

If any one is offended by what i have said, i am sorry for that, sometimes when a huge subject like this catches my eye i just get a little fired up.
 
Life is full of mysteries, some of which we will never understand. Our origin is not something that can be immediately proven without further evidence. So arguing over something this controversial in reality is just meaningless. Humans will always disagree, that is our NATURE, our INSTINCT! We all have our beliefs and we all stand by them with an iron will. This is why no one will ever agree, regardless of the fantasies we all have of a harmonious world where everyone gets along.

Amen to that! Very well said, I completely agree!
 
Back
Top