• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

WHY IS MY MALE TURTLE BITING MY FEMALE IN THE FACE

jasonturtles954

New member
Joined
Jul 23, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Pompano beach FL
MALE AND FEMALE RED EARED SLIDERS
MALE IS BITING HER IN THE FACE ARMS PRETTY HARD ITS NOT ALL THE TIME BUT I SEE HIM IT ALOT
I THOUGHT IT WAS MATING BUT NEVER SAW THEM MATE AT ALL
PLZ HELP
 
Tank is probably too small. What size is it?
 
Need more room, separated and better setup. I'm not a turtle expert so I'll let them chime in. That is not proper setup though.
 
If thats what you're keeping them in, then its way to small... They need only to be separated if you aren't going to put them in a bigger enclosure. Small spaces like that they will bite each other and can cause some serious injuries. I suggest a bigger setup ASAP or move the female until you can get one, bc she wont stop
 
Holy crud...That's too small to house all of them in. They're being aggressive because they are competing for space. The bullying of her won't stop unless you separate, or get a MUCH bigger enclosure.
 
Back
Top